Original post by Aicha1
Amazing!! Which course have you applied for? :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Medicine, and you? :biggrin:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by Sam1309
I'm kind of worried about my accommodation application, I did it in December I think and rushed into it a little with the excitement of getting an offer, I can't remember whether I prioritised location or ensuite first. At the moment I think I'd actually prefer Oak House (2nd choice) and the extra money from not paying for an ensuite.

Check your inbox for the email they sent you when you submitted your application. You can find the details you need there: the rooms you applied for and that bit on what is most important to you when applying :smile: If you want to change your choices, just email them (as have been recommended on this forum). They replied to my request for a change on the day itself! :O
Reply 2282
Big question!! Can we have mini fridges in our rooms???!!?!
I don't like to share my beer :redface: but I don't mind sharing food and stuff

i am a purely vegetarian person, so what should i opt for.....catered or self catered?????
Which campus houses the chem engg. Department, victoria park, city campus or fallowfield
Original post by Dunn0
Big question!! Can we have mini fridges in our rooms???!!?!
I don't like to share my beer :redface: but I don't mind sharing food and stuff

I'm pretty sure it was allowed - with the exception of halogen lights, they were always pretty lenient, and my flatmate had a mini fridge in her room for a while.

You might find, however, that beer theft isn't a problem. The things that tend to get nicked are low value, so the person taking them thinks that the owner won't notice / care, whereas beer is seen as a valuable commodity!

Original post by keshavpadia
Which campus houses the chem engg. Department, victoria park, city campus or fallowfield

It's North / Main Campus (referred to in terms of accommodation as City Campus). There are no academic buildings in VP / Fallowfield.
i am a purely vegetarian person, so what should i opt for.....catered or self catered?????

Self catered - in catered, there is only one vegetarian meal, and the food isn't that great anyway. NB if you mean 'pure veg' in an Indian context, then it's what we call vegan here (no meat, fish, dairy, eggs, honey etc.), and it's not offered in catered accommodation, and it's generally quite hard to find ready made vegan food.

TBF I'd always go self catered anyway.
Reply 2287
Can you pick up keys and move in on weekends?

The new chemical engineering building is yards away from the grosvenor group of halls, in the city campus.
Original post by stakri

Yes. Freshers week starts officially on Monday 17th September, and you can pick up keys / move in in the four days preceding that, i.e Thurs 13th - Sunday 16th. Try and avoid the Saturday though - the traffic is horrendous.
Original post by stakri

Do you mean before/during freshers? If so, yes. Most people even do.
Still yet to even begin looking at accommodation :colondollar:
Is Ashburne hall a good place to stay?
Reply 2293
Original post by Happymelon
Medicine, and you? :biggrin:

Economics and sociology. :smile:

Reply 2294
Original post by kerb123
Is Ashburne hall a good place to stay?

Well if this picture is anything to go by :love:

Spoiler

Reply 2295
Accepted Burkhardt house today! :smile: Excited but anxious.

Would you say its safe in fallowfield? :smile: is there like a main office or building for enquiries or anything?
Original post by jessplease
Would you say its safe in fallowfield? :smile: is there like a main office or building for enquiries or anything?

Yes fallowfield is very safe. All uni halls campuses are. Security patrol them all 24/7 and they all have a main reception each.
Original post by jessplease

Yes, it's safe. Obviously when off campus in Fallowfield, you have to follow the basics, just as you would anywhere else (don't walk home alone at night when drunk, don't get in an unlicenced taxi etc.) but I've never felt threatened there myself.

There's a main reception at Owens Park, which you pass on your way to the bus stop, no matter which halls you live in (with the exception of Allen Hall). That's where you pay your rent, collect parcels etc., and security patrol the campus too.
Reply 2299
Thank u for your answers Origami Bullets and tillytots...I will be arriving to manchester on saturday september 15th, that's why I asked..

Latest

Trending

Trending