The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1640
Original post by scarlett-pee
hiiiii...im moving to owens park in september,, i wanted to stay in oak house but they pretty much the same as PARTIES are concerned....apparently my room is T1.02.03!!! im not sure where that is haha...i hope its not single sex rooms !!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

excited

If I'm not wrong, you're in Tower. Good luck arriving to class on time haha :wink: :biggrin:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
I have a shallow question, but it matters to me. Are there any mirrors in the halls of residence?
Original post by ilovefood
I have a shallow question, but it matters to me. Are there any mirrors in the halls of residence?

Unsure but surely you could buy one if theres not :s-smilie:
Reply 1643
Original post by ilovefood

There's a topic floating around about what comes in the room, and I'm pretty sure that a mirror is included.
Last year Oak house was definitely the place to be for parties, but in general you cant go wrong with Fallowfield. The rooms are a bit small in Oak House, but theyre cozy, and if youre not spending that much time in them it doesnt make a massive difference. The biggest difference is the saving, as youll easily have an extra £30 a week to blow on whatever you want (than say if youre in Richmond, Shaevyn or OP), which definitely makes a huge difference.

Plus you have the social upperhand of being in flats, so the 7 people you live with (and the other 24 in the other flats in your block) make a solid group, and youre never lacking partners in crime, whereas tower and some of the other OP courts are like mazes, and dont have that same 'flat mentality' youll come to love in Oak House.
Original post by TheOldMan

Original post by TheOldMan
Last year Oak house was definitely the place to be for parties, but in general you cant go wrong with Fallowfield. The rooms are a bit small in Oak House, but theyre cozy, and if youre not spending that much time in them it doesnt make a massive difference. The biggest difference is the saving, as youll easily have an extra £30 a week to blow on whatever you want (than say if youre in Richmond, Shaevyn or OP), which definitely makes a huge difference.

Plus you have the social upperhand of being in flats, so the 7 people you live with (and the other 24 in the other flats in your block) make a solid group, and youre never lacking partners in crime, whereas tower and some of the other OP courts are like mazes, and dont have that same 'flat mentality' youll come to love in Oak House.

The money thing is wrong - I would have had £10 to live on there! And I have to say that being in a flat isn't great if you don't get along with your flatmates! But that's down to luck when you get there.
Original post by scarlett-pee
hiiiii...im moving to owens park in september,, i wanted to stay in oak house but they pretty much the same as PARTIES are concerned....apparently my room is T1.02.03!!! im not sure where that is haha...i hope its not single sex rooms !!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

excited

Tower, I'm very jealous of you I stayed there last year!
Reply 1647
Original post by franicle33
not sure. they gave me my room number but it doesnt say "block" its a bunch of letters lol then a number. not sure which of the letters is the block.... the first two letters are FI

Hey dude, i got Fiddes too. Ground floor.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1648
I would really love to learn Mandarin at University... are there free lessons offered by UofM?

Wo de ming zi shi Sheldon.
Reply 1649
Original post by JakeyTheSnake

Hey guys,

Applied for:

Ashburne no basin
Asburne with basin
Dalton Ellis no basin

Received: Dalton Ellis basin >_<

I was really hoping for Ashburne; it looks lovely, but never mind eh. Guess it was always going to be a long shot with only a small wing for guys there.

I've read a couple of people saying Dalton Ellis is full of rahs, and a couple saying this isn't true. I hope it's not, but I guess I'll find out regardless.

I'm in the Fiddes block on the ground floor, anyone else here with me?

Yeah dude im in the ground floor in fiddes, hope its good :smile:
Reply 1650
Hey guys,

Applied for:

Ashburne no basin
Asburne with basin
Dalton Ellis no basin

Received: Dalton Ellis basin >_<

I was really hoping for Ashburne; it looks lovely, but never mind eh. Guess it was always going to be a long shot with only a small wing for guys there.

I've read a couple of people saying Dalton Ellis is full of rahs, and a couple saying this isn't true. I hope it's not, but I guess I'll find out regardless.

I'm in the Fiddes block on the ground floor, anyone else here with me?

i have also received an offer at the hall i wanted to (st gabs), but not in type of room i prefered. to put it bluntly, i have applied only for a small room, yet they offered me a standard one, which costs 40 pounds more than the one i requested.
(which i cannot afford)
do you know any other persons like me? what would you advise me to do?
Reply 1651
Original post by miruna
i have also received an offer at the hall i wanted to (st gabs), but not in type of room i prefered. to put it bluntly, i have applied only for a small room, yet they offered me a standard one, which costs 40 pounds more than the one i requested.
(which i cannot afford)
do you know any other persons like me? what would you advise me to do?

Call them and explain the situation. It'd be much easier to change you now than after results day when everything is filling up quite quickly. I had no problems but I read that they're quite understanding! Best of luck!
Reply 1652
Original post by triloko
Call them and explain the situation. It'd be much easier to change you now than after results day when everything is filling up quite quickly. I had no problems but I read that they're quite understanding! Best of luck!

thanks for your advice. i did so. when is the results day?
Reply 1653
Original post by miruna
thanks for your advice. i did so. when is the results day?

I think the 18th of August if I'm not wrong, but you should double check just to be sure!
I got Derby House First floor at Whitworth Park.

Anyone here knows how it is?

:confused: :eek:
Original post by gunnerkanishk

Original post by gunnerkanishk
I got Derby House First floor at Whitworth Park.

Anyone here knows how it is?

:confused: :eek:

Whitworth Park is fine. You'll pretty much always be on time for lectures because it's so close :wink: Go see the Whitworth Park thread for more opinions.
Lambert Hall confirmed C.7.05
First choice engineering. It best be sociable !
Reply 1657
What do you think about Grosvenor Place ? How is the life there ?
Reply 1658
Original post by HowLow
What do you think about Grosvenor Place ? How is the life there ?

Yeah, same question. I'm at Grosvenor Place too :biggrin:
Reply 1659
Sorry to be such a fool but, how are you all finding out about which acomm you have been accepted in? I now have confirmed Manchester etc, do I get something by email or do I have to check myself?