The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

When/where/how do we get our results for January exams?

This has never been clear, but I was told to make an appointment with the year director for my course (my personal tutor just left) for the 6th of February onwards to discuss results. Do I get given my results here or are they available beforehand? If so, where/how? I do Economics btw.

I got an email from a subsid module saying I could book an optional appointment with my tutor to get extra feedback on results on Friday 30th so the results for that must come out beforehand...

Thanks. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
For Economics, you have to book an appointment with your tutor. If you no longer have one, go to the school reception and ask them what to do. You will probably receive and email soon telling you to go book an appointment with someone else who will give you your results. The transcript gets posted onto your Portal at a later date, so you have to see someone in person to get your results as quickly as possible. I heard that you can get your results from your tutor from Friday this week... If not, it will almost definitely be next week.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
You'll get your results when you speak to your director person and they'll be available on the portal either a day before or after that meeting.
Normally you'd meet with your tutor who'd 'discuss' your results - i.e. tell you what your score was and then send you off.
Reply 3
The results will be on the Portal from Monday 9th Feb.
Reply 4
do we get feedback on results- do we get to see our exam papers and where we got marks etc?
sax gal
do we get feedback on results- do we get to see our exam papers and where we got marks etc?

It depends on your department, but generally not automatically. In the English department, there tends to be a session where you can go and see your exam script for a particular module, and discuss it with the module convenor if you wish.
Reply 6
Like Rachel said, it depends on your department. For example, this year is the first time psychology students will be getting to see their exam papers
Reply 7
Didn't know that. Would be good if I could take a look through my scripts for Economics. I do know that the language centre were offering appointments with your teacher/whatever on Friday to discuss specifically how you did on the exams (for the inter-faculty modules at least),
Reply 8
markdr
Didn't know that. Would be good if I could take a look through my scripts for Economics. I do know that the language centre were offering appointments with your teacher/whatever on Friday to discuss specifically how you did on the exams (for the inter-faculty modules at least),

No, they won't give you your scripts to look at for Economics.
Reply 9
geoff_yin
No, they won't give you your scripts to look at for Economics.
Ok, never mind. Do you get any more feedback than what mark you got?
Reply 10
We don't get our scripts back for Management, nor French, I don't think. Well we didn't last year and I'm yet to receive anything.
Reply 11
markdr
Ok, never mind. Do you get any more feedback than what mark you got?

Yeah, you'll get a breakdown of how well you did in each question you answered. You'll find it in the past examinations and feedback page online.
I've apparantly got my G11ACF coursework computer test result back but I'm a bit frustrated not being able to log in to CW-Web on the School of Mathematical Sciences web site to view it :frown:
Reply 13
conroe-killed-the-k8-star
I've apparantly got my G11ACF coursework computer test result back but I'm a bit frustrated not being able to log in to CW-Web on the School of Mathematical Sciences web site to view it :frown:

Worked for me..
Reply 14
geoff_yin
The transcript gets posted onto your Portal at a later date, so you have to see someone in person to get your results as quickly as possible.

How much does the transcript tell you?
Reply 15
cc123
How much does the transcript tell you?

The transcript that appears on the Portal itself will not tell you much at all. It will only tell you your mark in each of your modules. No detailed breakdown will be available in your Portal.
Reply 16
So how did everyone do?
Reply 17
hmjessop
So how did everyone do?

I have to wait until Monday, apparently. Which is annoying.
Reply 18
hmjessop
So how did everyone do?

Average of 59% which I'm quite pleased about since it's almost 20% higher than what I was averaging last year!!!

How did you do?
Reply 19
geoff_yin
Average of 59% which I'm quite pleased about since it's almost 20% higher than what I was averaging last year!!!

How did you do?

I got an average of 74.8%, including 85% in Mathematical Economics which was such a hard exam! I'm happy :woo:

Latest

Trending

Trending