The Student Room Group

Short Story

So I have to write a short story... and I am having something of a mental block at the minute so I was wondering if you would like to suggest some ideas... I will post the short story when its finished if you wish :biggrin:

My style is sort of quirky narrative... I like first person. Kinda everyday life but with a twist. The last thing i wrote was about my trip to stay with my racist grandparents... I like to think I am a good writer but i always have trouble with plot ideas and just end up with rambling pieces of writing or very long books...

ideas? :confused:
Reply 1
First day at school?
Parent with kids moving away?
girl falling for a girl?
road-trip passage?
giving money to a street performer
becoming a veggie
chinese new year
trip to london
meeting an old friend
freedom
fox hunting childhood
watching eastenders...

there are so many things to write about...these are 100% random from the top of my head.

good luck with your piece :smile:
please make it the lesbian suggestion.
Reply 3
erm no lesbian stories thank you.......
Reply 4
A normal day in the life of a londoner
THEN THE PANCAKES ATTACK
MAN THE GOLDEN SYRUP CANNONS!

It'd be awesome.
shame on you.
Reply 6
shame on me?
Reply 7
TheJeebs
please make it the lesbian suggestion.

:eyeball:

But there was an unintended indirect point about sex being one of the most potentially powerful topics you can write about - along with death and other forms of tragedy. The situations which evoke the most potent emotions in real life will have the most effect on the reader, which is the main intention of a short story - the key is to use all the senses. For instance, I wrote a piece of creative coursework on a little girl who got shot while trying to escape from a concentration camp during the war. Yes, morbid angsty child; but it got full marks :biggrin:

Good luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending