The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Gtfo.
I love it :biggrin:
but I have everything hidden. Tagged photos :|
All the cool people use it.
flowerness
Gtfo.

That's not even a response to the thread question...
It annoys me, but I think it's useful. As long as you ignore/block out all the crap it's fine.
I can see myself why some people hate it, but personally I think its a pretty good way to keep up with friends who live halfway across the country/continent/world. Some (sad) people do take the status update a bit too seriously...
Dumdedoobie
I just got an account on it like...a few weeks ago.
And I can't use it!
Its so confusingggg.

This
Reply 27
i find it hard to get to grips with... bebo is just easier al together, but looks like everyone is facebooking it now so time to change haha :biggrin:
I only got it to keep in contact with my sister when she moved, cause I can't really contact her any other way :/
Reply 29
I don't do facebook- I just don't see the appeal of it, and don't think I'd have the energy to keep it going.

It really irritates me when people say that they'll get the details out on facebook, and I'm just left there missing out on everything.
Reply 30
It is a bit pointless adding people if you don't see them or speak to them anymore. I sometimes get down but have realised I must get out there and meet new people who can become good friends.
naivesincerity
Every experience in life seems cheapened for an introvert like me.

Friends are not now true friends that mean something, but commodities to be advertised and competed over on a website.:confused:

Just because it's labelled as 'friends' doesn't necessarily mean you're friends with them, it's just people you know and would like to keep in touch with.

You can find a best friend you haven't seen in 10 years and ask how he's doing, what's so bad about that? You can look at pictures of your cousins birthday etc. (I have a stupidly massive amount of cousins)

Furthermore, why text/phone a friend when most of the time they'll be on facebook, just leave a message "What are you doing tonight?", extremely handy in my opinion. People need to stop fussing over it, it's just another website that offers services for people to use.

I don't understand really, be annoyed at the people that use it for the wrong reasons, not the actual website.
I think it's pretty useful for keeping in touch with friends and family. That being said it is ridiculous how it updates your every move, and the way people add random people tey don't know to up their friend count and act as if they're all ravers with the whole 'mwah dahling' thing. It is also annoying when they go to parties, with a camera, with the sole reason of taking 100s of virtually the same photo to tag on Facebook. I use it, but I'm not obssessed with it, as some people are. Some people feel the need to update their status every hour, even using their phone or something, telling us about how they're planning to get drunk alone etc. That's pretty annoying, and Facebook shoudln't be a substitute for a real life, but some people like to use it that way!
Reply 33
Deactivate
I used to hate it. Now i just think its vastly overrated. I never need to use it and havent for months. I just dont need to see photos of everything everyone has ever done and if i need to contact someone i have a phone.
Only because I refuse to make one... For now at least.
Reply 36
No, its good for organizing events and finding out about club nights

Get over yourself everything has its uses, if you don't like it don't use it
Murray Hewitt
I used to hate it. Now i just think its vastly overrated. I never need to use it and havent for months. I just dont need to see photos of everything everyone has ever done and if i need to contact someone i have a phone.

I don't need to use it either, it's just damn handy being able to contact people and look at photo's if you really want.

Using your phone costs money and then there's just people you aren't good friends with but meet on nights out, you can ask them if they're out, I'm going such an such a place...

Why the fuss? It's handy. Stop moaning.
running_with_scissors
I think it's pretty useful for keeping in touch with friends and family. That being said it is ridiculous how it updates your every move, and the way people add random people tey don't know to up their friend count and act as if they're all ravers with the whole 'mwah dahling' thing. It is also annoying when they go to parties, with a camera, with the sole reason of taking 100s of virtually the same photo to tag on Facebook. I use it, but I'm not obssessed with it, as some people are. Some people feel the need to update their status every hour, even using their phone or something, telling us about how they're planning to get drunk alone etc. That's pretty annoying, and Facebook shoudln't be a substitute for a real life, but some people like to use it that way!

It's like a lot of capitalism, preys on peoples competitive insecurities.
Reply 39
Facebook is boring there is nothing to do on it.

Latest

Trending

Trending