The Student Room Group

Do I have to sign for delivery?

I just pre-ordered an item from play.com worth £32.99. When it arrives will I have to sign for it because the last time I bought something from the internet years ago worth only £20 I did, well I actually missed the delivery and then had to go down to the local royal mail post station place to pick it up. Does the person who played for it also have to sign for it or can it be anyone as i'm unsure what time the mial comes and I might be at school.
It depends on what type of delivery they used. But yeah, usually anyone in your house can sign for it :smile:
Anyone can sign for it. I always sign for recorded and special delivery parcels for my mum. it's not a problem. if you have to go and get it, you need proof of ID for the person who the parcel is addressed to though. I just take a bill with my mum's name and address on it. Is usually fine but sometimes I have to show my own ID aswell but seeing as we live at the same address it's always fine :smile:
Reply 3
iGurpreet
I just pre-ordered an item from play.com worth £32.99. When it arrives will I have to sign for it because the last time I bought something from the internet years ago worth only £20 I did, well I actually missed the delivery and then had to go down to the local royal mail post station place to pick it up. Does the person who played for it also have to sign for it or can it be anyone as i'm unsure what time the mial comes and I might be at school.

Depends how big it is. If it's letter-box deliverable, they probably will just send it standard 1st class and it'll just end up on your doormat.

Latest

Trending

Trending