The Student Room Group
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London

Games Studies & Nice things about London Met?

After spending a few years working, living in Japan and doing some volunteer work for the games industry, I decided it was time I got my act together and get a degree so I can further myself job wise.

I've applied to London Met which I realise is not a popular choice here but I'd like to hear some nice things about the uni. I have read through a lot of negative feedback but I'd like to see actual students of the uni and people experienced with London Met to let me know their positive experiences of the Uni :-)

I have also applied to the Games Studies course (and Marketing) and would like to know if anyone has studied it and have they enjoyed it?

Thank you so much and sorry if I shouldn't of posted this here, I am new.
Reply 1
Well it's in central London, which is automatically a bonus :smile:
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London
Reply 2
The tutors are really helpful, apparently. If you ever need their help, they bend over backwards to help you. :smile:

Yeah, and it's London. :gangster:
Reply 3
Thanks :-) I love London. I go up there a lot for PR Events and such, so I am really excited to be a little bit closer.

I am concerned about how rough the area is, I am only 5"2 and I know very little about self defence if I get attacked :s

I wonder if anyone knows much about Games Studies...
Reply 4
I am going to be starting my Games Studies and Marketing course this year in September at London Met.

I wanted to know about the course and what kind of text books people are reading during the course etc etc

Thank you
Reply 5
ba bump? :O No one honestly know?
Reply 6
Halo 3 user manual, good book.
Reply 7
Number of people going to london met: Small, number of people doing your course (that i had never heard of before): very small.
Multiply the probabilities and I doubt you'll find anyone who can help
Reply 8
If you search around the website for a while, you can sometimes find a reading list/course content list... that might help?
Reply 9
Jaquafresh
Number of people going to london met: Small, number of people doing your course (that i had never heard of before): very small.
Multiply the probabilities and I doubt you'll find anyone who can help

Also not helped by posting in the wrong forum :p:

Just kidding, OP but I have moved it to London Met's forum as it's specific to that university. There'll be London Met students here, even there aren't many doing that course. Hopefully you'll get an answer.

If you don't then feel free to make a (non uni specific) thread in either Media, Film and Journalism or Creative Arts (depends what focus the course has). It may also be worth hanging around the games forum (in hobbies and interests).
atheistium
Thanks :-) I love London. I go up there a lot for PR Events and such, so I am really excited to be a little bit closer.

I am concerned about how rough the area is, I am only 5"2 and I know very little about self defence if I get attacked :s

It's really not that bad...if you're sensible and take proper precautions you'll be fine. Obviously if you decide to wander down a badly lit alleyway in the middle of the night with your phone and iPod out you stand a greater chance of being attacked. However, if you act sensibly you shouldn't have any problems :smile:
Reply 11
Anything that specific is worthless to any company. I read some where that these gaming course offer employers no real value. Take a computer science or programming course. Plus Met, isn't all that,
Good luck tho

Latest

Trending

Trending