The Student Room Group
Reply 1
barts probably because of the advantage of it being in london for me glasgow is way to far
Reply 2
I'd go for Glasgow but that's purely because I HATE London.
Butterfly
I'd go for Glasgow but that's purely because I HATE London.

i had a friend who had to make this shoice. BARTS has a pants reputation, so glasgow might be the one to go for. there again, glasgow is a tad run down, full of glasweigens (who are fine except some of them are so accented you can't tell what they are saying) and alcoholics ahoy of course.
Reply 4
Barts doesn't have a pants reputation!!! It might to a 17/18 year old choosing unis, but it doesn't to an employer/researcher!
Reply 5
Barts has a pants reputation? What the hell? I think not foolfarian.
Reply 6
I know that Barts has a brilliant reputation, but the living costs of London are pretty scary! :eek:
What about course- wise? Which uni has better facilities and course structure?
Fluffy
Barts doesn't have a pants reputation!!! It might to a 17/18 year old choosing unis, but it doesn't to an employer/researcher!

mate, soz if i hurt your feelings, but for clinicals it has the loest of the low rep. Word is the course used to be top notch, and then they 'revamped it' in the last few years, and its now a total mess.
Reply 8
foolfarian
mate, soz if i hurt your feelings, but for clinicals it has the loest of the low rep. Word is the course used to be top notch, and then they 'revamped it' in the last few years, and its now a total mess.

Not from what I can see! BL still has a good clinical rep too :confused: :confused: My old Oxford mentor is trying to persuade me to transfer back there for clinicals, but I like the sound of Barts clinical too much to do that!
Reply 9
smektavius
I know that Barts has a brilliant reputation, but the living costs of London are pretty scary! :eek:
What about course- wise? Which uni has better facilities and course structure?

BL preclinical is about to move to a brand new building at Whitechapel (within the next year - teaching will be active their from 2006), so the facilities should be top notch. The DR is staying up at Mile End though (home office regs made it easier to leave that there).
Fluffy
Not from what I can see! BL still has a good clinical rep too :confused: :confused: My old Oxford mentor is trying to persuade me to transfer back there for clinicals, but I like the sound of Barts clinical too much to do that!

dude, if you can go to oxford for clinicals, go for it. It has the best facilities and best reputation in the world. There is nothing more infuriating than poor teaching, believe me
smektavius
Hi guys, what's everyones views on Barts vs Glasgow (for medicine)? I have to make up my mind but I like both! Thanks in advance

This might be completely irrelevant!! but from my friends here at Glasgow doing medicine, the course is mostly PBL, which can take some getting used to. I don't know how it works for Barts though???
Reply 12
SlipperyWhenWet
This might be completely irrelevant!! but from my friends here at Glasgow doing medicine, the course is mostly PBL, which can take some getting used to. I don't know how it works for Barts though???

i think its PBL as well :smile:
Reply 13
Barts us half and half - same number of contact hours for PBL as Lectures, and then labs, clinical skills, clinical demonstrations, GP placement etc on top

Latest