The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Aitkin wing

:smile: Hi i would like to know any info anybody has on aitkin wing, room sixe facilities social aspect etc. Any info will be greatly recieved. I would also like to know do all self catered flats have a kind of social area or just a kitchen i would like to stay somewhere where i can chill somewhere else than my bedroom as i would probally fall asleep a lot of the time. Basically any info on self catered flats at Bham would be apprishiated espc. The Vale.
Thanks
Reply 1
Hey!

I stayed there in my first year. Its not a bad place. I had a meal plan rather than being self catered but I had to treck all the way to Mason for breakfast and dinner which was a really plain.

The actually flats are not to bad. The bedrooms are quite big compared to other accomodations. The flats have two floors. The first floor had the kitchen [not really a louge though], bathroom and 2 bedrooms. The second floor has 4 bedrooms and a shower and bathroom seperate.

I didnt find the social life to be too good though. We had to go to the Chamberlain bar if we ever wanted to chill. We practically lived in the guys flat above us most of the time.

Let me know if you want to know anything else.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham