The Student Room Group

Billy No Mates.

I don't have friends. In fact, I find it extremely difficult to make friends. Apart from the fact that I never ever go out and meet people, I feel that if I give too much of myself to someone I can no longer possess myself.

It is the same with work. I find if I give myself too much to work (i.e working long hours) I feel like I am no longer my own. Remember that Nietzsche quote?

No price is too high for owning yourself.

Anyway, whenever I do try and meet people, make friends, they don't last very long. I think the longest friendship was 3 weeks. I seem to have this natural urge to move on. As soon as I meet people I find myself slowly drifting away from them. At one time it would hurt me. I felt upset that I couldn't make friends. But now, I've excepted my fate.

I am always moving on and this is reflected in the fact that I cannot settle in any place, in any town or city anywhere in the country for more than a year or two. After two years I get that urge to move again. I don't know what it is.

I find it easy to strike up a convo' but anything else proves difficult. I just cannot make meaningful friendship no matter how hard I try. The problem is deeply rooted within me. I find that my idols are loners and misanthropes. My interests, like my dreams, are obscure.

I am not alone, I presume. Are you like me?

:smile:
Billie Jean is not my lover
She's just a girl who claims that I am the one
But the kid is not my son...
I'm not far off, I only really have one good friend. I drifted away from all my school mates when I left school so I just have my mate from college. I made 2 friends at uni but they both dropped out.

Get on with my work mates but we don't hang around. I'm pretty anti-social come to think of it, just like staying in my comfort zone. Even when my best mate comes round, I feel uncomfortable. I don't know why.
loners are the ***** of society anyhow. what geek has no friends?
Rubix
No. Loner Pleb.

Was that necessary? :eyeball:

Martyn, credit for your honesty and openness. Not an easy thing to describe so eloquently.
Martyn*
I don't have friends. In fact, I find it extremely difficult to make friends. Apart from the fact that I never ever go out and meet people, I feel that if I give too much of myself to someone I can no longer possess myself.

It is the same with work. I find if I give myself too much to work (i.e working long hours) I feel like I am no longer my own. Remember that Nietzsche quote?

Anyway, whenever I do try and meet people, make friends, they don't last very long. I think the longest friendship was 3 weeks. I seem to have this natural urge to move on. As soon as I meet people I find myself slowly drifting away from them. At one time it would hurt me. I felt upset that I couldn't make friends. But now, I've excepted my fate.

I am always moving on and this is reflected in the fact that I cannot settle in any place, in any town or city anywhere in the country for more than a year or two. After two years I get that urge to move again. I don't know what it is.

I find it easy to strike up a convo' but anything else proves difficult. I just cannot make meaningful friendship no matter how hard I try. The problem is deeply rooted within me. I find that my idols are loners and misanthropes. My interests, like my dreams, are obscure.

If you have no friends, so?

people would probably dislike you even more for being a loner.....
Presumably you do something to piss people off. Look at your rep.
Reply 7
Norfolkadam
Presumably you do something to piss people off. Look at your rep.

I do anything. People, it seems, just don't want to know me. I think it's about first impressions. They can meet me for the first time, but the second time...there is no second time.
Reply 8
Martyn*

You're 31, why are you on tsr?
Reply 9
I like OP. :biggrin:
Reply 10
J-E-N-O-V-A
I like OP. :biggrin:

LOL:biggrin:

BTW your name is jenova...I LOVE ff7 too:biggrin:
Reply 11
jayxx
You're 31, why are you on tsr?

So 31 year olds cannot be students??

You think people are meant to know their calling before the age of 25?

:rolleyes:
Reply 12
Maybe you're on the autistic spectrum.
Reply 13
Martyn*
So 31 year olds cannot be students??

You think people are meant to know their calling before the age of 25?

:rolleyes:

sorry:frown:
Guys stop treating him like crap. He only gets negged by the christians of TSR because he always writes about how they nicked christianity from the egyptians.

OP is wise.

Latest