Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Big Kabz
Do you agree with that?

You could have 15A* grades at GCSE level
You could have AAAAA at A-Level
You could have a 1st from Oxford/Cambridge
You could be earning £100,000+

Even after all this, there will probably be somebody better than you.

Point being?? lol
Reply 2
Objectively, almost certainly.
Reply 3
There is no one better then Warren Buffet.

Not only is he a genius but he is also a saint.

- Richest man in the world for quite some time
- Lives a humble life
- Has given tens of BILLIONS to charity
- Went to Columbia

What more is there to do?
Reply 4
Yes but you can't spend our life comparing yourself to other people in that way. Focus on living life how you want it (within reason, obviously it's necessary to make sacrifices sometimes) and if you do this you will be truly happy. If you are happy with your life, comparing yourself to others is unnecessary. Good grades and money don't automatically equal happiness, you need other more meaningful things in your life.
Reply 5
What about Stephen Fry?
Reply 6
Define "better".
Reply 7
Thats why you don't spend time comparing your acheivements to others, but rather your acheivements to your potential.
Reply 8
Well there is quite obviously someone at the top of the tree.
'Every man I meet is my superior in some way, in that, I learn of him.' Emerson.
Reply 10
Bebbs
Thats why you don't spend time comparing your acheivements to others, but rather your acheivements to your potential.

Of course not but some people just love saying "I'm better than him/her"
i dont get the point of this thread so ima jack off to catcher inn the rye
Reply 12
Nishil
There is no one better then Warren Buffet.

Not only is he a genius but he is also a saint.

- Richest man in the world for quite some time
- Lives a humble life
- Has given tens of BILLIONS to charity
- Went to Columbia

What more is there to do?

Incidentally, quite a lot.
I find that statement somewhat comforting.
Reply 14
I think to an extent yes the statement is correct , Simply because no one is perect. On the other hand you could have a self opinion , thinking that your so perfect and better than the rest. Also it depends. A murderer could have 15A*'s at GCSE and somebody else have like 7 A - C 's at GCSE it's obvious who's going to be the better person. The one who doesn't kill people.
Reply 15
Well that's a stupid statement, because there has to be someone better than the best person.

And besides, I don't see myself as inferior to anybody - in fact, I see practically everybody else as inferior to me.
No matter how good you are in the bedroom, there is always somebody better than you. I think this is a better discussion topic, isn't it.
Reply 17
So my motto would be, 'Be careful,'cause there's always someone ready to step into your shoes ... and do your job better ... than you ... do it.'" - David Brent
Reply 18
Philosophically speaking it's true and some people on TSR should be mindful of that.
Big Kabz
Do you agree with that?

You could have 15A* grades at GCSE level
You could have AAAAA at A-Level
You could have a 1st from Oxford/Cambridge
You could be earning £100,000+

Even after all this, there will probably be somebody better than you.

Where in this set of 'achievements' is the implication that someone is a good person if they have accomplished such things in their lifetime?

Latest