The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Hello, saw you on the Man Uni offers thread and was going to reply there but forgot. I've got an offer BA Law with Politics (2/3 Law) and I'll be firming that if I don't get into LSE, possibly King's. There's a lot of people on here who've got offers for the LLB so I'm surprised no-one's replied.

Accomodation wise it depends what you want - the places on campus are nice, but expensive and supposedly slightly less social than the accom further afield (more full of the students who want easy access to the library etc.). The best place to be is apparently Fallowfields but it's a little far away from the uni so I'm not too sure about that. There's an open day at the end of this month for Law offer holders so I'm going to go to that, then have a peek around the accomodation in Manchester and see what looks good. Have you got an inclination of what sort of accomodation you're looking for?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
I think I shall be firming Manchester for the LLB straight law.
Really loved the place when I visited in June and got an offer in October..
I've got my Law visit day this Wednesday (11th February) which should be good.

I'm kind of confused with accommodation. Because I want to have Fallowfield but not anywhere thats ridiculously noisy as I swear Law requires a lot of independent study and plenty of noise would completely throw me!
Having said that, I love going out so a good atmosphere is needed and one of the sports centres is close by too which is a plus for me..
I'll go to the Open House Accommodation Day in March and see. At the moment Richmond Park looks pretty nice.
I don't think living further away e.g. Fallowfield compared to City campus would be too much of a big deal, as everyone in Fallowfield has to travel into the uni, so all would be in the same position really + its not really that far..
Bexx
I think I shall be firming Manchester for the LLB straight law.
Really loved the place when I visited in June and got an offer in October..
I've got my Law visit day this Wednesday (11th February) which should be good.

I'm kind of confused with accommodation. Because I want to have Fallowfield but not anywhere thats ridiculously noisy as I swear Law requires a lot of independent study and plenty of noise would completely throw me!
Having said that, I love going out so a good atmosphere is needed and one of the sports centres is close by too which is a plus for me..
I'll go to the Open House Accommodation Day in March and see. At the moment Richmond Park looks pretty nice.
I don't think living further away e.g. Fallowfield compared to City campus would be too much of a big deal, as everyone in Fallowfield has to travel into the uni, so all would be in the same position really + its not really that far..

Even if you got Nottingham?
Reply 4
ninety_nine
Even if you got Nottingham?

No chance, and when i say that I mean, absolutely so chance! :smile: (lnat)
I do know of people rejecting Nottingham for Sheffield though, no idea why for Law.

Manchester will be good fun though I'm hoping, just a pain its a good long 4 1/2 hour drive away from here!
Bexx
No chance, and when i say that I mean, absolutely so chance! :smile: (lnat)
I do know of people rejecting Nottingham for Sheffield though, no idea why for Law.

Manchester will be good fun though I'm hoping, just a pain its a good long 4 1/2 hour drive away from here!

Poor LNAT score? The only person I know who got into Notts Law last year got 24 on his LNAT :eek3:

Good luck though, I'll probs end up in Manc as well since no-where else is being too fast with their decisions. Fallowfield all the way!

Latest

Trending

Trending