The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
natalie_gs
Well, technically the ones who drink, don't exactly pray 5 times a day , I mean have you ever come across a Muslim who prays 5 times a day on time, and drinks alcohol? No so their simply Muslim by name.

True, but they all have the same basic principles/beliefs (just some prefer to be more strict upon their actions than others). I don't pray 5x a day but i still don't drink - yet i'm still a muslim by name lol.
natalie_gs
I think its rare to find Muslims who drink Alcohol.

No LOL you got to be joking you are saying that LMAO
Reply 22
Aliaaa
looooool! thts really bad creepy jeeez

did u know hindus arnt meant to drink either

Lol nearly everyone in my family drinks except the women of course and I know some Brahmins who are the highest caste in Hinduism and they drink aswell lol outside the house. I guess we have to live with modern times :wink:
Reply 23
natalie_gs

woah.. sweeping statement to the max. i know hundreds upon thousands of muslims who drink. 2 in my family. almost all of my friends. and more than half of the young egyptian population.
Creepy
Definitely not as rare as you think. I know more muslims who drink than don't. I even saw one eating a non hallal burger after a night out. He asked the burger van if it was hallah and the man said no so he said "Well i'm drunk so it'll cancel each other out."

Sometimes I think people use religion to their benefit when it suits them.

Lol, how will it cancel! You're making a bad sin, worse, not opposing it by doing a good deed. LOL, not whining at you but the noob who made that comment.
Reply 25
Aliaaa
nope
i've heard tho, in manchester on the eid after ramadhan, all the pakistani's go to rusholme drinking and shouting and screaming.

defeats the purpose, no?

if that is true then i dont think they even know the meaning of ramadhan or eid, that is just ashaming. Dont really care if pple drink, just harming themselves.
choosing not to drink could be religiously or morally.
Reply 26
Aliaaa

Hindu girls can sure handle their drink :eek: i know some that could out-drink the alkies in one sitting.
Reply 27
Gangsta Boogie
Lol, how will it cancel! You're making a bad sin, worse, not opposing it by doing a good deed. LOL, not whining at you but the noob who made that comment.

Ahh the wonders of intoxication :rolleyes:
Haz313
True, but they all have the same basic principles/beliefs (just some prefer to be more strict upon their actions than others). I don't pray 5x a day but i still don't drink - yet i'm still a muslim by name lol.

I am not Muslim, but I do read up a lot on Islam. Anyways are you aware that majority of scholars, no actually all scholars say that a person who does not pray or deliberately misses a prayer than they have left the fold of Islam?

there's no such thing as making up prayer, the prayers have a set time. even if you ended up praying 50 more-it will never compensate for that period of time that you have missed.
natalie_gs

Unfortunately not as rare as you might think. I don't personally, alhamdulillah, but know a fair few who do.
Reply 30
Aliaaa

-Evidence to back this claim up please?
Haz313
Ahh the wonders of intoxication :rolleyes:

Shush :P
Haz313

You never drank? Really? :O What about in future? :p:
Strictly Business
Unfortunately not as rare as you might think. I don't personally, alhamdulillah, but know a fair few who do.

people here are misusing the word MUSLIM
Reply 34
Gangsta Boogie

two negatives make a postive.. maybe that was what he was thinking at the time.. if he was thinking at all that is :s-smilie:
Reply 35
Aliaaa
nope
i've heard tho, in manchester on the eid after ramadhan, all the pakistani's go to rusholme drinking and shouting and screaming.

defeats the purpose, no?

All the pakistani's? Generalise more please..
Miyavi

There aint any LOL, hindus can drink if they want, like me, but i don't drink...well not normally, just at parties nd clubs :p:
Reply 37
No i don't drink.
Reply 38
Miyavi

i don't really know of a good hindu source
but here

http://www.faithandfood.com/Hinduism.php

:s-smilie:
look on google
Reply 39
Rei
All the pakistani's? Generalise more please..

hmm
many pakistanis in manchester

Latest

Trending

Trending