The Student Room Group
Reply 1
:eek:

thats crap
Chardonnay
My friend got told by the teacher today that the exam board had been unable to mark her script from the Jan exams because it was illegible :eek: Her writing's not even that bad :confused:

Really? I better work on my presentation. That sucks. :eek: :frown:
That really is terrible! My mum marks 'A' Level and GCSE scripts, and even when the writing of the student is very very poor she will always read carefully and persevere, but she knows of examiners who will very occasionally discard a script if it will take them too much time/effort to decipher it! My writing isn't great when I'm scribbling away in an exam room but I try to take extra care with my presentation too!
White_redrose
That really is terrible! My mum marks 'A' Level and GCSE scripts, and even when the writing of the student is very very poor she will always read carefully and persevere, but she knows of examiners who will very occasionally discard a script if it will take them too much time/effort to decipher it! My writing isn't great when I'm scribbling away in an exam room but I try to take extra care with my presentation too!

Can you tell me the percentage of marks needed to get an A in A-level? U must know this answer as your mum is a teacher.
Reply 5
Baddest Student
Can you tell me the percentage of marks needed to get an A in A-level? U must know this answer as your mum is a teacher.

It varies from subject to subject, and year to year.
Reply 6
I needed 480 marks out of 600
Reply 7
indian
I needed 480 marks out of 600

That's true of all subjects, but 80% raw marks in the paper will not mean 80% UMS.
i can never write neatly on exam papers :mad: they rule the lines way too wide and i'm used to writing on narrow lines. it ends up all over the place at the end when i'm rushing :rolleyes:
Reply 9
My bad writing propbably brought me down a few grades.

Latest