The Student Room Group

This made me sick - should this be allowed??

I just seen this very disturbing video on youtube and just think that it has scarred me for life. Just like pro-anorexic sites are being banned this too should be banned. Why would anyone do this to themselves?? :confused:
I can understand that someone could become obese through bad eating habits and lifestyles choices but intentionally becoming fat is sickening and wrong. These people need to be locked up in metal institutes.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=R5Mj4v4bktA&feature=related

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yeah thats sick, ppl who get obese on purpose and publish the fact they have done so should be refused medical help! (nahh maybe tahts a bit harsh:-p same could be said for smokers) i dunno, its just sick!
Well it makes the rest of us feel thin, so long may it continue.
EducatingBrogan
Well it makes the rest of us feel thin, so long may it continue.

:laugh:
Reply 4
be tolerant of others :p:
it does look fun to play with though, if you were bored in a queue or something
Reply 6
Well, thanks for turning me gay.
Until she looks like Jabba the Hut I will not be satisfied lol!
Reply 8
the worst video ever is 2 girls 1 cup, that scarred me for life
Reply 9
I laughed at the comment:

"I wanna climb it!"
Reply 10
I doubt any impressionable young teenagers are going to watch this in envy and want to start piling on the weight. I don't think you can compare it to pro-ana sites.
Absinth
I doubt any impressionable young teenagers are going to watch this in envy and want to start piling on the weight. I don't think you can compare it to pro-ana sites.

You've got a point - but do you not think that the idea of gaining weight like that is the equivalent, and so equally dangerous?
Miss. B

OMG agreed, I can't even look at chocolate ice cream without gagging... *shivers*
Reply 13
Pro Ana sites aren't being banned...lots of people think they should be...but thats another thread. :p:
Reply 14
diamonddust
OMG agreed, I can't even look at chocolate ice cream without gagging... *shivers*

agreed. it's such a shame chocolate ice cream tastes so dam nice but i haven't eaten it since watching that.
Holy crap that is just nasty!
Miss. B

you actually watched it? how did you feel?
Reply 17
MrsIpod
Pro Ana sites aren't being banned...lots of people think they should be...but thats another thread. :p:

No you're wrong, many have been banned. There are many that still exist but more of the older ones have been removed.
Reply 18
FluffyLion
You've got a point - but do you not think that the idea of gaining weight like that is the equivalent, and so equally dangerous?
I don't doubt that it's potentially dangerous to force yourself to put on so much weight, but we can't just ban them from the net altogether, it wouldn't even stop people who really wanted to do this kind of stuff anyway. What about videos depicting smoking, drinking alcohol, extreme sports? Those things also encourage potentially dangerous behaviour, but I don't think that should be banned. Anyways, pro-ana sites are in abundance on the internet, and aren't really banned apart from a few internet communities.
What's disturbing is the amount of comments from people telling her she looks amazing. Disillusioned or trolls? Cant decide which

Latest

Trending

Trending