The Student Room Group

Help! Cheapest route needed!

Just planning my journey for tomorrow Warwick visit. I found out days ago that the cheapest route would be £44.70 that changes at Birmingham New Street. I thought I'd come on here to see if people could beat my cheapest route. A few details to note:

I live in March

I am travelling to Coventry

It starts at 12, so preferably get there before then (but my current route doesnt! :frown: )

I don't mind when I come back as long as it isn't too late.

Currently the route is

March > Birmingham New Street (9:31 -> 11:43)

Birmingham New Street > Coventry (12:04 -> 12:24)

And the return is:

Coventry > March (changing at Nuneaton, there are various trains which are included in the £44.70 price)
Reply 1
How long will you be in Coventry?
Reply 2
Well registration starts at 12:45 so I can't be late for that, and the main talk finishes at 16:00
Reply 3
The National Rail website is not working properly (it won't give a price due to a technical fault). But I managed to get this:

Reply 4
Thanks, that's where I was looking but I can't seem to find anything cheaper than £44.70. I'll pay this if needs be but was just looking for alternative cheaper routes
TomLeigh
Well registration starts at 12:45 so I can't be late for that, and the main talk finishes at 16:00

If registration is then you'll be pushing it with the time that train gets in. The bus from Coventry station takes a good 20-30mins to campus.

What's March near, maybe you could get a coach?
Reply 6
I think I've found a slightly better route.

March to Leicester - 9:31 ---> 10:47

Leicester to Coventry - 11:16 ---> 12:34

Coventry back to Leicester - 16:45 ---> 17:49

Leicester back to March - 17:51 ---> 19:14

The March-Leicester route is £25.60 return.

The Leicester-Coventry route is £12.80 return (must be anytime)

Latest

Trending

Trending