The Student Room Group
i'm sure you can get them from sept-sept. as there will obviously be other people in the same situation the year before you, who will end their tenancy agreement in september
That is a reason why a lot of them go into halls, but those are also particularly suitable for international students.

For that matter, it isn't hard to change accommodation as the year goes by. One person on my MA and an original flatmate of mine have done so, that kind of flexibility is pretty much build into the renting market.
I have a somewhat related question: as an international postgrad student, I've been advised to not enter a housing agreement til I've actually viewed a place (private accommodation, that is. Halls are out). but since I'm not going to get there until September, I'm VERY nervous about moving to a new country without a firm place to live. what if there are no more places left?! it seems like everyone is already looking for accommodation and I'm going to a small town. I agree I'd rather not sign an agreement until I see a place for myself, but staying in a hostel for weeks doesn't sound appealing either!....ideas?

Thanks for your help :-)
thelilymaid
I have a somewhat related question: as an international postgrad student, I've been advised to not enter a housing agreement til I've actually viewed a place (private accommodation, that is. Halls are out). but since I'm not going to get there until September, I'm VERY nervous about moving to a new country without a firm place to live. what if there are no more places left?! it seems like everyone is already looking for accommodation and I'm going to a small town. I agree I'd rather not sign an agreement until I see a place for myself, but staying in a hostel for weeks doesn't sound appealing either!....ideas?

Thanks for your help :-)

do you know anyone there that could reccomend/check out a place for you -
Reply 5
My halls contract is 50 weeks so that covers my entire MA. It's when hall contracts only last 38 weeks that it starts to be a problem.

Think it depends on private housing contracts on the individual vendors/landlords tbh.
eulerwaswrong
do you know anyone there that could reccomend/check out a place for you -

sadly....no :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending