The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well I'm not dead yet....

Seriously though I've lived here since 96 when I was 7 and yeah I think it's a nice city, also a 20 min train journey and your in the Yorkshire dales(well Ilkley moor), which is a nice escape from the city.

Good mix of shops, good mix of things to do on a night out, so yeah I enjoy living here. Although I live in the suburbs and not the inner city it has to be said, but still.
Reply 2
My hometown is near Leeds and i think Leeds is a nice place, the shops are good (only disadvantage is they're all outside so in the Winter = cold). They have 'Wrapid' - the best wrap place ever, and i haven't experienced the full nightlife but i've heard it's good :dance:
Aye, it's grand. I feel safe to walk home through the city centre alone at 4am here, there aren't many places I'd do that.
It's the best place I've ever lived in, and I've been to a few of the major cities in the UK.

It's hands down no. 2! Heee.

(Sheffield is no. 1 in my opinion.)
I've lived in Leeds since 1987 (when I was 3), and whilst I cannot compare it to Edinburgh (as I've never been there), I can quite safely assure you that yes Leeds is a nice place to live.

Of course there are some dodgy areas, but every city has dodgy areas, but the nice areas are very nice, and the city centre is decent, and we have some lovely attractions (parks, tropical world, an ice rink in January, German Christmas Market in Winter, a lovely big market, lots of shops.....blah blah you get the idea).

I like living in Leeds :yep:
Reply 6
leeds is ace :biggrin:
Reply 7
Leeds is ok if you don't mind northerners.
Reply 8
Leeds is better than Edinburgh.
Leeds is awesome. But edinburgh's uni is epic :wink:
Davezk
Leeds is ok if you don't mind northerners.

Also good if you're not allergic to clean air after all that southern pollution. Also might be a suprise to see terrain that isn't just flat and boring for as far as you can see in every direction. :p:
Reply 11
theronkinator
Also good if you're not allergic to clean air after all that southern pollution. Also might be a suprise to see terrain that isn't just flat and boring for as far as you can see in every direction. :p:

Yeah but its freezing and i don't understand what you're saying.
Davezk
Yeah but its freezing and i don't understand what you're saying.

Sorry I'll clarify. Down south, everything is crap.
Reply 13
It's definitely good for nights out and it's definitely good for shopping. Although most the shops are outside, Leeds has several very nice arcades (and a fountain!). Live music is also really really good, with small gigs on every day in at least three bars, lots of open mic nights and many bigger gigs at the uni. There's a lot of buskers as well, especially in summer. Overall it's great if you take advantage of what it offers.
Reply 14
theronkinator
Sorry I'll clarify. Down south, everything is crap.

Which is obviously why more people live there.
Leeds is the greatest city in the world.
I can take it or leave it. It's a city - full of pretentious ****** nightclubs, overrun with cheap ass students during term time, full of idiots who think the local team are the greatest in the world...

S'all good really!
I've been to both places and I personally prefer Edinburgh.
Love Leeds
Davezk
Which is obviously why more people live there.

Nah, that's to cleanse the gene pool, we're biding our time, you just wait, one day you will flood, and will we help you? Oh no we won't, see how the olympic stadium and all the other things my taxes go towards will save you then. :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending