The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't normally need an alarm anymore.
My brother comes in a throws something.
If he's skipping school, alarm it is - some freaky thing on my phone.
when i have to be at work at 9am i need to leave by 8:30 so i get up between 6-6:30, have a shower, do everything i need to, and then go back to bed until about twenty paat 8. My parents think i'm nuts but it makes me feel better!
have an alarm that gets louder and louder if you don't turn it off and put it somewhere where you can't reach it from your bed, this always works for me!
Have high adrenaline (e.g exam in morning).. or whilst in bed put your legs on ground it works
I don't usually, but then i don't often need too and if i don't NEED to i often don't bother. I have found that whatever time i set my alarm for and intend to get up, if i don't need to i won't, whereas if i need to for a lecture or a job interview, i don't have problem. If you maybe convince yourself that you need to get up for something important then maybe you will?
i go to bed early!
ifi've got valium, i take that at 8/9 to go to bed an hour later, or i sit in the dark for hour and have night nurse+coedeine/cocodemol/asprin and get to sleep within 30 minutes. and i set my alarm for 4-5am. anything to knock me out by 9pm and i'm god to get up for 5am
If you don't really want to get up, you won't. 'Nuff said.

I just set alarms and remember that if I don't get up, I'm going to fail at life/university (delete as applicable).
Set your alarm and place it so that you'll have to get out of bed to turn it off. Following this, a big mug of coffee.
Reply 28
with great difficulty
Reply 29
Prescribe cellular telephone device an alarm time for 05:30 hours and station on far side of bedroom. Thus when said alarm activates one must arise from his berth to disengage tumult.
i attempt to set my phone alarms.

but i wake up and tell myself 5 more minutes cant hurt....you can see where tis is going
Reply 31
If I went to sleep now i'll be awake at 5am automatically. I've never been able to sleep more than 4/5 hours.
Set the alarm on your phone on vibrate and keep it under the pillow. Wakes you up good and proper, although it may bring on a heart attack at the same time :smile:
Set two alarms, one of which I have to get out of bed for.
Down a can of Red Bull or two when I wake up.
CHAMON
If I went to sleep now i'll be awake at 5am automatically. I've never been able to sleep more than 4/5 hours.

I would love to be like that.
I hate getting up early. I have to set my phone alarm, but i still dread that going off. Getting up at 7.30 is so early for me, i hate it. I sleep ALOT.
Reply 36
NW8_SW1_EC3
I would love to be like that.

You sleep for hours do you?

I can't even sleep much when I was jet lagged. I'm a bit like Maggie, she only needs about three hours of kip. We cleveruns roll this way.
Reply 37
ice_dragoness274
I:

Set 4 alarms, on my phone/3 alarm clocks on full volume :p: in various places in my room,
timed one after another strategically.

Oh and even that doesn't work half the time for me ^_^ so my mum ends up waking me up by annoyingly throwing my blanket off the bed o_O

Haha I can relate to that ^^

I have 4 alarms on my phone, one on my radio, another one on another radio. And yeah they have to be far away from your bed. If you use this sort of music on full volume like I do:

It's usually enough to scare the crap out of you and make you get up :biggrin:
Reply 38
herecomestrouble
I don't do early mornings, the only way I can do them is not going to bed :erm: and I wouldn't recommend that

same here
Reply 39
lol you could always put £50 note in the oven and set the time on lets say erm 5am lol, so if you dont get up, your 50 quids gone lol :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending