The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

One does when he gets animated. the others, nah. it's not common.
At secondary they did but not at college
Yeah a few of mine used to, but not in a rude way or anything.
Uni is different, some swear quite a lot. :smile:
Reply 23
yeah, practically all mine do.
o)_(o
Reply 24
My english teacher does a lot. But only in a funny way. Its not a big deal, all the students do it too. I think in Y13 you aren't really like a child around your teacher anymore.
Urm yeah, some more than others but no more than you would use in general conversation. My politics teacher says bastard a heck of alot.
My English and History teachers swore like troopers.
Reply 27
A couple, and it was was as a joke with the class, nothing extreme such as racism or sexism. So it was all good and funny. Made me enjoy the lesson more (I did learn stuff too!)
Reply 28
Some of them do, yeah. The "cool" ones, as it were. In general, they realise that swearwords are just that, words. Especially in an informal environment like a classroom, it's not really considered to be rude.

Am I right in saying that swearing is much more common in Britain than it is in the US?
Reply 29
Yeah I remember my french teacher did at secondary school just things like - "****"

One of my old college teachers was quite funny, when he didn't believe what someone was saying he'd go "noo, **** off!" haha!
Reply 30
My history and chemistry teacher do occasionally. Nothing major though.
Reply 31
one teacher of mine told someone to **** off, and told another he was a **** and a Fing Wker.
that was only one with a short fuse.
My politics teacher says '****' quite a lot and has said **** once or twice but thats it!

Edit: Just realised they look the same with the stars, haha.
First one - ...poo
Second one - the f word :wink:
Never like skins, acctually never!:s-smilie:
Reply 34
In high school they didn't that much, but in college my teachers swore quite a bit.
Reply 35
hunty91

Am I right in saying that swearing is much more common in Britain than it is in the US?

I haven't had many teachers that cussed in college (or university in British term). I had only two teachers that said "****" and "ass".
Most of my teachers do, lightly. My old Business & Comms teacher at GCSE in old school was offensive with his, only towards the chavs though lol... was funny.
Yeah, I have one or two teachers who swear during lessons - the principal took my class for history (as a cover) since that's what I think he's qualified to teacher and he got some swearing done during the lesson. ^^
Reply 38
yeahhh i've herd it a few times, only the teachers that have a decant relationship with the students seem to do it though. cause they can trust us not to grass.
Reply 39
In high school they never did, it was a shock when i got to college and they all did and we called them by their first names. I guess its so you start being treated like an adult ready for university :-)

There's one that is used all the time its RTFQ
It's a slight variation to read the question lol
I haven't heard it too much this year, i think the new head banned it :-P

Latest

Trending

Trending