The Student Room Group
Assuming you mean a private tutor, what level are you thinking of tutoring?

My boyfriend only tutors up to A level, but I'd imagine that the same would apply anyway - advertise in appropriate places. He made a paper ad that was quite visually striking (with a link to a website) and stuck it up in all the newsagents on the school run. He got quite a few that way, and then it built up through word of mouth.

Otherwise, you can attempt to bypass the advertisement bit and tutor someone you already know in the hope that they'll recommend you to everyone they know. :p:

If you're thinking of providing a bit of help at a higher level, perhaps speak to some university departments? But I'm not sure if that's what you want, and someone else would probably know more about it anyway.
Reply 2
Thanks StandingOnAir :smile:

I've also been advised to approach lecturers at uni with my resume.

Yep, private tutor at university level. I would be teaching biology, chem and sociology.
Reply 3
I just got offered to tutor a kid by his mum and im still in college :biggrin: (i really need the extra cash so its a god send!)
Reply 4
Oh good work! Well done, I wish someone told me the secrets of tutoring when I was that age, I'd be loaded :p:
Try http://www.uktutors.com.
You can sign up for free and advertise the different subjects you tutor as well as your rates.

Latest

Trending

Trending