The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I can think of a few pros.
Reply 2
I'd find out if they had a 24 hour licence first!
Wow, that sounds really romantic! I'd love to live above a pub!

But aren't the cons obvious, like loud, drunk people, possibly throwing stones at your window if you're unlucky?
All the obvious...

late nights...load people...£220 a week...etc

an epic downstairs living room with alcohol people and maybe even food!
Pro: You're above a pub.
Con: £220 p/w?

*Prepares Yorkshireman battle cry*

How much?
£220 p/w?

Haha, London.
Reply 7
I thought 220 is pretty fine? It's a min to camden town tube station.
A week though???

That's....insane!

I pay £280/month inc. ALL bills for my room in a shared house!
Reply 9
I need silence when I study, so it would be a no for me, personally. Depends on you, can you deal with a bit of noise? Like someone else mentioned, do they have a 24 hour license or whatever?
mikeyd85
A week though???

That's....insane!

I pay £280/month inc. ALL bills for my room in a shared house!

That's in Leeds, this is Camden.
NW8_SW1_EC3
That's in Leeds, this is Camden.

4 brick walls and a roof are 4 brick walls and a roof. For that price, I'd want the place cleaned, my cooking done and my balls massaged daily!
mikeyd85
4 brick walls and a roof are 4 brick walls and a roof. For that price, I'd want the place cleaned, my cooking done and my balls massaged daily!

Try renting in Soho, then that could be arranged :yep:
My flat is above a pub, it's not bad. You actually can't hear very much at all, then again I'm normally working down there on busy nights.

My only worry would be about security and if you'd have your own private entrance. You have to remember that there are drunk people down there (shocking, I know) and that they tend to wander so I'd make sure you have a lock-box for any money/jewelery ect.
Brana
I thought 220 is pretty fine? It's a min to camden town tube station.

I pay £86 a week for student halls, next year when I live in a student house I'll probably be paying £60 or less!
Reply 15
£220 A WEEK!!! Are you mental!
hello975
£220 A WEEK!!! Are you mental!

:cheers:

Leeds people - we have good financial sense!
Reply 17
Well I'm gald I didn't go to uni in london... I'm in bristol and I'll still be paying 3 times less that that when I start renting.

The noise will be quite an issue, and depending on the area you could have fights, vomit on your doorstep or lots of litter about the place. Try visiting the pub a few times to see what its like a closing time.
Reply 18
Well a friend of mine is paying 350 pw for a studio in central London. That's just mad! Anyway thanks everyone! I'll def go and see what is the pub like, till when are they open and so on.
Brana
So basically Im studying in London and was looking at some flats. I found one in Camden (where I would really love to live). It's 1bedroom apartment and it's above a pub. Costs around 220pw. Was just wondering if you guys know what would be pros and cons when living above the pub? :smile:

Which pub?

Latest

Trending

Trending