The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Suggestions?

Drink more water and have a wash for godsake!
Wait for the second and third warning letters to come. Then the the bailiffs will come round.

Make it go further than this:
http://www.money.co.uk/article/1001154-debt-collector-threat-for-couple-with-1p-phone-bill.htm

I think that is the most costly method for the company. Then take it to the national press. :eek:

Do you know what the bill is for?
AndriusG
Ofcom, Ofwat, Ofsted, any more Ofs?

Ofgem comes to mind :p:
Reply 44
TheTallOne
Wait for the second and third warning letters to come. Then the the bailiffs will come round.

Make it go further than this:
http://www.money.co.uk/article/1001154-debt-collector-threat-for-couple-with-1p-phone-bill.htm

I think that is the most costly method for the company. Then take it to the national press. :eek:

Do you know what the bill is for?

They billed me incorrectly for the first half of the year and have now sent this bill correcting this.

I'd rather just pay it than wait for threatening letters as it can seriously affect your credit rating, not paying utilities, or council tax - and I'd rather that didn't happen.
Reply 45
Mad Vlad
A couple of weeks ago, I received a letter from Severn Trent Water, asking me to update my details with them (i.e. They didn't know who I was - they were sending bills to: The Occupier). I rang them up and told them who I was and I quipped that they wanted to know who I was so that they could chase me if I didn't pay.

Today it's become apparent just why they wanted my details.

I received a bill for £0.01. Yes. 1 whole British New Pence. Needless to say, I'm extremely annoyed by this. The cost of the two letters, plus the cost of the call centre operative that I had to talk to, would easily amount to a couple of quid. All for 1p.

Obviously, I'm going to pay it, and I've got the option to pay by card, Direct Debit or pay it at a PO counter. But I'm looking to do something that's going to cost Severn Trent the most money. I want some ideas as to what I can do. Any other additional ideas as to what I can do to humiliate Severn Trent are also welcomed and I'll give rep to the best suggestion.

Send them a 10p coin in the post and tell them to keep the change :smile:.
Ring up their customer service desk. When someone picks up the phone, say "please hold - your call is important to us and we will be with you shortly" and play music down the phone. Come back 15minutes later to see if the operative is still there.
daily mail with love this sorta thing
Reply 48
jacketpotato
Ring up their customer service desk. When someone picks up the phone, say "please hold - your call is important to us and we will be with you shortly" and play music down the phone. Come back 15minutes later to see if the operative is still there.

Unlikely. When I was working at a call centre, if I was on hold I'd give the caller 5 seconds to show me some priority and then advise the hold music that I was terminating the call due to lack of response.
Reply 49
eulerwaswrong
daily mail with love this sorta thing

I'm tempted to give it a go just to see how much they'd offer me.
Reply 50
Mad Vlad
...then advise the hold music that I was terminating the call due to lack of response.

:rofl: Was this company policy? Too funny.
Mad Vlad
I'm tempted to give it a go just to see how much they'd offer me.

i would - just drop them an email see if they are interested - it wont take you two minutes - if they want to run with it perhaps they will give you a few quid, if they dont youve wasted 2 minutes two minutes writing an email.
Reply 52
Reply 53
Terryw
:rofl: Was this company policy? Too funny.

Actually, my team leader told me to just put the phone down if it was hold music. But, I thought, I should do things properly and give the hold music the chance to respond. This made me look good during my monthly reviews, as I was apparently "very thorough". :laughing:
Reply 54

:rofl: I've seen it before, but it is excellent. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending