The Student Room Group

SUPERB: Senate House Library may merge with UCL's collection

UCL's proposal is to merge its library with Senate House and the majority of SAS collections, with books held across two sites. The merger would add 2 million volumes, including science material, to a large humanities collection of some 3 million volumes. UCL has also offered to invest in more electronic resources. Access to members of other colleges and external users would be on the same terms as Senate House currently offers.

For the complete article:
http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/story.asp?sectioncode=26&storycode=405142&c=1
Reply 1
Superb for UCL, not so superb for all the other students in the UoL who also have a right to, and indeed make good use of, senate house.
That's not actually superb is it? :|
Reply 3
That's not very good, surely it should stay independant, since afterall it IS the UoL library.
Reply 4
I think it's a case of best solution of a bad bunch.
Reply 5
I think you go to UCL so you would say that :p:
Reply 6
I guess so. I don't see a problem with the thing at all. With the exception of if we leave the UL. And to be honest, Senate House was a major reason to stay. Then things could get messy. But I think for all the badmouthing that UCL has got over this, at the end of the day, it was prepared to put out a large amount of cash to gain, well, not much at all if you take into account the continuing access for all UL students. And let's remember, it's not like the big bad UCL wolf is stealing Senate House away - there are other offers on the table, and if those are better for SHL, I'm sure those will be plumped for.
Reply 7
Even after UCL takes over the Senate House Lib, the lib will still be open to all users.
The white shark strikes.

Latest

Trending

Trending