The Student Room Group

A2 ICT COURSEWORK - analysis

Hi.. HELP!
like myself.. many of you will be at the stage of "thinking to do analysis" we'll all be getting pestered by our teachers to start...
Im planning to make a database for the "community placemements scheme" at my 6thform
is anyone out there doing something similar? or anyone that can help me get started with my analysis..
i really dont wanna leave it till the end like i did for my AS.. i need 2 pass my other sybjects too
simz
Hi.. HELP!
like myself.. many of you will be at the stage of "thinking to do analysis" we'll all be getting pestered by our teachers to start...
Im planning to make a database for the "community placemements scheme" at my 6thform
is anyone out there doing something similar? or anyone that can help me get started with my analysis..
i really dont wanna leave it till the end like i did for my AS.. i need 2 pass my other sybjects too

I'm in the same position, done bugger all, anyone know a site that has a list of what we have to do???

Would be a really great help.

Chrs in advance!
Reply 2
Completenutter2
I'm in the same position, done bugger all, anyone know a site that has a list of what we have to do???

Would be a really great help.

Chrs in advance!

Wow, found sum people who also in same position as me, i got no idea what to put in the analysis, ive looked at examples and its like 30 pages long...i really need to pass this subject!! I dont have a list of what needs 2 go in it either, so if anyone has anything, it wud be great!

kita xx
kita
Wow, found sum people who also in same position as me, i got no idea what to put in the analysis, ive looked at examples and its like 30 pages long...i really need to pass this subject!! I dont have a list of what needs 2 go in it either, so if anyone has anything, it wud be great!

kita xx

Hey.
Ive jst read ur note, and on my college intranet site they have a tick sheet of everythin that u need to include. have u got a hotmail adres then i can send it to u. it may be of some help.
Kelly
Reply 4
wink
Hey.
Ive jst read ur note, and on my college intranet site they have a tick sheet of everythin that u need to include. have u got a hotmail adres then i can send it to u. it may be of some help.
Kelly

oh rite, thanx. [email protected]

merci :biggrin:
simz
Hi.. HELP!

No!
If you are still having issues with your analysis let me know I'll post a structure to your coursework for you.
Reply 7
Started Implementation for this 2 weeks ago!
Reply 8
I'm doing my computing a2 coursework :confused: any feedback/help on analysis design etc would be much appreciated :biggrin:
Optimist
I'm doing my computing a2 coursework :confused: any feedback/help on analysis design etc would be much appreciated :biggrin:

For Me to be able to help with your A2 courseworK I need to know a Little about it. So If you can give a breif summuary of what your doing I will see what help I can gather for you.

from

Buffy Willow
James_W
Started Implementation for this 2 weeks ago!

Well if you ever get stuck on it Just give me a shout.

from

Buffy Willow :wink:
Reply 11
im stuck with implementation. I dont really know what to do. Could somebody post me theirs or just a guidline. Thanks

[email protected]
Reply 12
anyone???
Reply 13
midmac
anyone???

If you want an A in your A2 ICT coursework then I strongly suggest that you buy the following book:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/034081201X/qid=1108232260/sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_11_3/026-6838028-2026859

I did my ICT project from scratch in 2 whole days before the final deadline without any teacher help by using the techniques in this book in order to create a superb custom made database system. Also this book is very good at explaining how to lay out your analysis, implementation etc. I got an A for my ICT A2 c/w.

From what I remember, the people that never used this book at all and just relied on teachers notes, they tended to get C's and D's in their A2 ICT project, because their system wasnt detailed enough. Whereas I and others who used this book as a guide got A's, which is absolutely essential if the exam grades in your written modules were not great - as your C/W will ultimately save you. I got a C overall , so I should know! lol

So all in all, it is a very good buy.
Reply 14
midmac
im stuck with implementation. I dont really know what to do. Could somebody post me theirs or just a guidline. Thanks

[email protected]

The secret to AL ICT coursework success at A2 is I guess your AS coursework...It makes life a hell of a lot easier if your AS coursework was very good, as the A2 coursework is written wise the same as the AS coursework - written wise there is absolutely nothing much different between the two courseworks except the fact that at A2 you have to show that you have constantly involved your end user.

I got a B at AS, I must admit the B came down to poor teaching notes on the coursework, like my teachers would give us a booklet that is just not sufficient enough to get higher then a B. My implementation wasnt very good at AS, as I was in the same situation as you but back then - however at A2 life was made easier because my other sections were very well written (analysis etc I got full marks). I corrected my implementation at A2 and got a very good grade by using that book I have mentioned above.

Oh yeah, just a warning, make sure you start revising for ICT 5 now , because it is for sure the hardest written paper in ICT. If you want I can recommed you a book that is much better then that silly old white book they give you at the start of the course by Heathcote.
Reply 15
DOJO
Oh yeah, just a warning, make sure you start revising for ICT 5 now , because it is for sure the hardest written paper in ICT. If you want I can recommed you a book that is much better then that silly old white book they give you at the start of the course by Heathcote.

What book is that?

Thanks
Reply 16
m0dm0
What book is that?

Thanks

Information Communication Technology for A2 by Julian Mott and Anne Leeming
Reply 17
The book about Access projects that DOJO recommended is good. By the way, I have the book that DOJO suggested. You could also try this book if you want, I personally find this better: http://www.payne-gallway.co.uk/sipa3.html

Latest

Trending

Trending