The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Accomodation what have you choosen/ will you choose?

anyone sorted out their accomodation yet? I just submitted mine:

in order of preference:

1. Uni park, single study
2. Broadgate park, en suite
3. st peter's court, en suite
4. broadgate park, standard
5. braodgate park, standard plus
6. broadgate park, enhanced standard

i think it's first come, first served, so get cracking folks!

Scroll to see replies

I don't know what to choose! At the moment I'm thinking Broadgate Park...
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
can this be done on the tracker?, i havent received anything through the post yet
Reply 3
found it, at the mo Jubille Park, as my department is on jubilee
Reply 4
SiAnY
I don't know what to choose! At the moment I'm thinking Broadgate Park...

yeah, Broadgate park is the nicest of the self catered (so i'm told) :biggrin:
Reply 5
I want catered accommodation so i went - University Campus on all three first choice is private room shared bathroom - 2nd is en suite and 3rd is single study. xx
Reply 6
I went private room shared bathroom first because i don't mind sharing with one other person and the £500 i save can pay 4 my books i know i won't get en suite as a second choice though. Hopefully because i'm early i will get the private bedroom shared bathroom. xx
Reply 7
gargh! i want to choose my accomodation but im still waiting for my UCAS tracker to update so i can confirm nottingham as firm choice. I want shared bathroom at university campus too, all the accommodation looked really nice there. :smile:
Reply 8
I wanna get my accommodations sorted but I don't have the details yet and I can't find it online :frown:

I might check out my status with Nottingham track actually...
Reply 9
Hmmm I've pretty much chosen mine - just gotta wait til I get home and get it confirmed with my parents before I actually apply!

But at the moment my choices are:
Uni Park - Single Study
Uni Park - Shared Study
Uni Park - Private Shared Bathroom
St Peters Court - En-Suite Flat
Broadgate Park - Standard
Uni Park - Shared Bedroom

Cus I don't want self-catered, but the prices for Broadgate and St Peters are pretty good considering they're en-suite :rolleyes: and St Peters is on the QMC site, where I'll have my lectures - the only down side is the self-catering :redface:

Hoping I don't get shared bedroom :frown:

I wish Jubilee isn't all en-suite cus only Uni Park and Jubilee does catered and Jubilee is too expensive!!!!
Reply 10
I wanted shared bathroom in jubilee as one of my choices - no wonder they didn't let me pick it! Did i make a mistake only specifying 3 choices? Why has everyone done so many? xx
Reply 11
Have any of you actually applied yet? Last year we couldn't until april 1st.
Reply 12
They say we can apply online from the 1st March :smile:

And why we got so many choices well the Notts track says a minimum of 3 and maximum of 6 - you might as well have more choices rather than less I suppose. I considered only picking 3 cus only Uni Park really suited my taste/buget (parents' buget for that matter :biggrin: )
Reply 13
YAY have applied now :smile: Only applied to 4 though cus I really don't want self-catering and definitely NOT shared bedroom. My bedroom... mine! Mine! *hugs it like a cushion* mine mine mine mine mine *mine...* (like the gulls in Finding Nemo :wink: )

1 - Uni Park - Single Study
2 - Uni Park - Shared Study
3 - Uni Park - Private Shared Bathroom
4 - St Peters Court - En-Suite Flat

So hey Sofa King maybe we'll end up in the same campus after all :p:
Reply 14
lol @ Irisng. I really felt that uni park was the place i wanted to be even tho the accomm isn't supposed to be as modern as Jubilee. I want to be in the centre of things and near my lectures. Although on the forum www.weekone.co.uk for Notts students all the guys on there were telling me i should have gone for the en suite in Jubilee. I'm suprised how many people have gone for self catering! Food is the last thing i want to be worried about in my first year - it's nice to know that i've always got 3 hopefully decent and rounded meals a day prepared for me. xx
Reply 15
mousey
lol @ Irisng. I really felt that uni park was the place i wanted to be even tho the accomm isn't supposed to be as modern as Jubilee. I want to be in the centre of things and near my lectures. Although on the forum www.weekone.co.uk for Notts students all the guys on there were telling me i should have gone for the en suite in Jubilee. I'm suprised how many people have gone for self catering! Food is the last thing i want to be worried about in my first year - it's nice to know that i've always got 3 hopefully decent and rounded meals a day prepared for me. xx

Well, "decent" isn't exactly the word I'd use. But if you're not too picky, they're ok I guess....
Reply 16
Well i'll eat most things. I just hope there's healthy options - i'm quite worried about going to uni and just ballooning up with all the crap food and lager. xx
I went today and saw one of the rooms in Jubilee (southpark i think) and it was top, something im exactly looking for, new, fairly big room with en-suite and catered accom. Although i didnt get to see any rooms on Uni Park, would someone be able to tell me if they are as good, as id much prefer staying there? Although with an en-suite the price is the same at uni park and Jubilee, £4000 + something.
Reply 18
Erm i haven't been but i can tell you this - Jubillee Park is much more modern compared to Uni Park. Some of the buildings in Uni Park are a lot older - so you may not be impressed with the rooms if you liked Jubilee so much. However, i picked Uni Park because i wanted to be in the centre of things and near my lectures and the union etc. Although, there is a free hopper bus between campuses. up to you i spose. xx
Reply 19
Jubilee - En Suite
Computer Science is on Jubilee, i hope i get this one
Uni Park - En Suite
Uni Park - Private Shared Bathroom
Broadgate Park - En Suite
Broadgate Park - En Suite Plus
Raleigh Park - En Suite

Latest

Trending

Trending