The Student Room Group

What are Subway like to work for?

I see they're opening a crap load more outlets so was thinking about applying. Although come to think of it, we already have about 5 of them within a 15 min walk.

Anyway what are they like? I can't imagine you'd need much experience/qualification/ability to work there - just to adhere to health & safety regulations.
Reply 1
Sub-par
I work in one and I like it... There's a lot of stuff you have to learn how to do, but you'll be fine, it didn't take me long to get used to it at all. Saturday afternoon shifts can be bloody hectic though.

Feel free to ask questions if you have any.
Reply 3
i've got a mate who worked there for a bit and got given awful hours, treated quite badly and then really underpaid so walked out at the end of the month. i guess it just depends on the managers and other staff and how you feel about the job
rainbow drops
I work in one and I like it... There's a lot of stuff you have to learn how to do, but you'll be fine, it didn't take me long to get used to it at all. Saturday afternoon shifts can be bloody hectic though.

Feel free to ask questions if you have any.

What is there pay for over 18 year olds?
History Rocks
What is there pay for over 18 year olds?

Errrrr... £5 and something. Sorry, I'm 17 so I'm not sure.
Reply 6
horrible.

the pay is rubbish. only £3.53 and i was 17.

the people werent very welcoming, another girl started with me at the same time and she walked out 2 weeks later. i walked out after a month.

the place was to small, there was too much to do with no induction, we were expected to know how to do everything immeadiately.
Reply 7
It is worth noting that subways are franchised so every one will be different to work for(unless someone owns a few obviously).
Subways are all franchise owned and operated so they will vary wildly between owners, working conditions, pay etc. Some may be terrible, some may be brilliant.

Personally, I love my job there, the co-workers are hilarious and its just a really nice, social atmosphere. The area managers are really supportive when you're new and a good laugh, but at the same time keep professional. Within a few weeks or so they'd begun to train me for being a team leader, and opening and closing the store, doing the deliveries and generally keeping the place running... so that looks really good on a CV too!

One thing that I can definitely say will apply to ALL stores is that the nature of the store is very social, and you will speak to the public a LOT - more so than in any other retail or food service, where you only usually need say a few words to complete a transaction. That can be good or bad depending on the above conditions!!!
Yeah, the franchise thing means it's pretty much just luck as to what the pay is in the branch you end up in, I suppose. My pay's way higher than £3.53, that's really shocking.

I like it a lot for the reasons that screenager mentioned, everyone I work with's really funny and friendly. Plus, you'll get free food :yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending