The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Friends, family.
And of course, college work.
Reply 41
Definitely my best friend.
At the moment, striking the correct balance between work, fun and sleep :s-smilie:
Reply 43
Education :smile:
Right at this moment... hoping I pass my Government and Politics exam this afternoon. :woo:
Reply 45
Family
Uni, this year in Sept
Money (or lack of shall I say...)
Reply 46
Always: my loved ones

At the moment: my education (i.e. getting those predicted GCSE grades), job (or rather finding one!) + getting rid of my cold (!!)

In six months time: relaxing, relaxing, relaxing and once again relaxing (going travelling :P)

After that: sixth form so my education once again !!
Reply 47
My Parents,brothers and girlfriend are the most important things to me. Just trying to be the best i can to the people i love and letting them know how much they mean to me.

Other than that i wanna pass my uni course, trying to maintain going to the gym regularly, controlling depression/negative feelings i get, trying to be a good person in general
Family, forever.
Reply 49
tokyorose888
what is most important to you now? Is it an aim? is it someone? is it money? family? etc.

Someone very special :] :penguinhug:
activism.
Yellow-nutshell
Being happy i've discovered. And that means completely changing my plans and life direction. It's all very confusing to find out what you thought you wanted actually isn't..:s-smilie:
But now i know i'm excited about my future :smile:

thats exactly how i feel, what change did you go through? ive just thought that going to uni and studying will not get the happiness that i want in the future.
Titanomachy
Getting into the fire service. I passed my driving test yesterday morning (I never wanted to drive, just need a licence for the service) and then got home after work to find a letter telling me i'm through to interview stage, so it's down to me and 14 other guys going for 2 places (out of around 400 odd applicants)

So yeah, yesterday was a good day :smile:

Ooh, fireman :hubba:

Most important thing to me at the moment...erm, just trying to carry on really, and sort of grow up :s-smilie:
Reply 53
family, always
tokyorose888
thats exactly how i feel, what change did you go through? ive just thought that going to uni and studying will not get the happiness that i want in the future.

Well i started uni in sept, have been hating it, and have decided that there is no need to make myself so depressed. So have just dropped out and am starting somewhere new this sept. Also i might change my career path..instead of a psychologist which would involve more studying, i might go back to teaching..and in later life if i feel i want to go back towards the psychological side of life, i might try counselling.
I think i've realised that just because society seems to have a set path for many people (school, uni, job etc) it doesn't mean it's right for me, and that i shouldn't care what other people think as long as i'm happy. Also that nothing is set in stone, and if i want to change what i'm doing, who's to stop me?
Didn't mean to write an essay, i just seem to have had a large epiphany as of late and my entire perspective of life is changing :rolleyes:
Reply 55
tokyorose888
what is most important to you now? Is it an aim? is it someone? is it money? family? etc.

Getting good exam results!

Studying hard in Philosophy and Japanese!

Seeing my boyfriend for my birthday!

Getting a laptop for my birthday!
& Getting myself a Nintendo DS for my birthday too.

Yay =D

Yellow-nutshell
/cut
Didn't mean to write an essay, i just seem to have had a large epiphany as of late and my entire perspective of life is changing :rolleyes:

I loved the read ^^ I hope you have a blast in life xxx
Good luck with whatever you choose to do =D
Doing well in my exams, being happy and generally enjoying life to the max. Oh, and TSR rep.

Family goes without saying.
Yellow-nutshell
Well i started uni in sept, have been hating it, and have decided that there is no need to make myself so depressed. So have just dropped out and am starting somewhere new this sept. Also i might change my career path..instead of a psychologist which would involve more studying, i might go back to teaching..and in later life if i feel i want to go back towards the psychological side of life, i might try counselling.
I think i've realised that just because society seems to have a set path for many people (school, uni, job etc) it doesn't mean it's right for me, and that i shouldn't care what other people think as long as i'm happy. Also that nothing is set in stone, and if i want to change what i'm doing, who's to stop me?

your just like me! lol :smile:

most important for me is my career more than anything.
Reply 58
In this current economic situation, money would have to be a big priority.
Reply 59
Education.
Always has been and always will be.