The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
im glad i wont be doing the a* thingy as im just an average bbb student if lucky and the extra a* will make the b grade into a third class grade and the d grade into a even lower class so itl be baaaaaad
Reply 41
Good bloke
If you people are going to post on threads where people are seeking advice in future, please make sure you are giving correct information. These posts are completely wrong and only serve to confuse.

The link posted by TheTallOne is perfectly correct.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/A-star_grades_at_A-level#What_mark_do_you_need_for_an_A.2A.3F

You need 80% overall and 90% in the A2 modules to get an A*.

So just to clarify, I could get 75% and 87% in my two exams at AS... therefore getting a A overall at AS and still be with a chance for an A*? Sorry I just want to make sure. quote me, thank youuu :smile:
ALSO, I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF PEOPLE STAYED ON TOPIC. THIS IS A DISCUSSION ABOUT THE REQUIREMENTS FOR A* NOT HOW MUCH ALL YOU PEOPLE IN y13 HATE IT/ THINK IT'S STUPID OR WHATEVER..!!! thank youuuu:p: :p: :p:
Reply 42
hazzypants
So just to clarify, I could get 75% and 87% in my two exams at AS... therefore getting a A overall at AS and still be with a chance for an A*? Sorry I just want to make sure. quote me, thank youuu :smile:
ALSO, I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF PEOPLE STAYED ON TOPIC. THIS IS A DISCUSSION ABOUT THE REQUIREMENTS FOR A* NOT HOW MUCH ALL YOU PEOPLE IN y13 HATE IT/ THINK IT'S STUPID OR WHATEVER..!!! thank youuuu:p: :p: :p:

Yes, that is correct- as long as you get 90% or over average in your A2 modules e.g. 88%, 92%, 95%.
MichaelG
haha yeah, at the end of the day i definitely won't be getting A*s so its utterly meaingless :p:

Indeeed.
But more people will get them, so a B or a C will now seem worse.
hazzypants

You could get 60UMS in all your AS modules and still get an A*.

Although I have no idea what kind of person gets 60% at AS and then 100% at A2. :s-smilie:
Reply 45
What if I take a gap year?? Will it affect me?? As I'm in Year 13 now.

Latest