The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Delta Usafa
I was more referring to Israel, and "we" because we're all friends and the UN made them do it.

LOL "the UN made them do it"..... Israel don't listen to the UN, nor do they talk to Hamas.
Neville 'Facking' Bartos
LOL "the UN made them do it"..... Israel don't listen to the UN, nor do they talk to Hamas.

Actually they do, reluctantly. The only reason Israel hasn't destroyed Palestine as a state by now is because the UN always makes them stop.

4G_dollars
I am talking about the taliban here. Talks were held and there had been peace, for some reason the ceasefire gets broken as a result of US intervention.

There's never been a cease fire with the Taliban. But in any case, if we're talking about terrorists, we're talking about Al Queda.
Delta Usafa
Actually they do, reluctantly. The only reason Israel hasn't destroyed Palestine as a state by now is because the UN always makes them stop.

Just stop, please....
Reply 123
I predict the war on terror will last for 20 more years.

"War on terror"

"Terror" is defined by the government, "Terror" doesn't actually exist. The war on terror will end when the government decides to end it. The government will continue its war on terror for as long as it needs it to continue, it only ends when the government finds no use to have a "war on terror".
Asteron
So he should just sit there and wait for Al-Qaeda to kill more people?

Lol...

That reminds me of people who say stuff like 'So we should bring back Hitler then!?'

Can someone who knows a bit of latin come up with a name for this fallacy 'Reducto ad-qaeda'??
Neville 'Facking' Bartos

Just stop, please....

Alright, I'll stop. That'll give you time to go learn a little bit of history, and especially research the Yom Kippur War. Then get back to me with your facepalms.
Delta Usafa
Alright, I'll stop. That'll give you time to go learn a little bit of history, and especially research the Yom Kippur War. Then get back to me with your facepalms.

Just stop please, I don't need your advice to read up on History, to say Israel follows UN orders, even reluctantly is a joke, for example UNSC r425, 'Israel to withdraw from Lebanon' in 1978, they withdrew in 2000, 22 years later :colonhash:

... and what you said earlier "Israel hasn't destroyed Palestine as a state", there is no state of Palestine defined under International Law to be destroyed, so this is just plainly wrong.
Neville 'Facking' Bartos
Just stop please, I don't need your advice to read up on History, to say Israel follows UN orders, even reluctantly is a joke, for example UNSC r425, 'Israel to withdraw from Lebanon' in 1978, they withdrew in 2000, 22 years later :colonhash:

... and what you said earlier "Israel hasn't destroyed Palestine as a state", there is no state of Palestine defined under International Law to be destroyed, so this is just plainly wrong.

I'm not saying that Israel obeys everything the UN tells them to, but sometimes they have no choice. The first ceasefire this year, they wouldn't have signed if it weren't for the UN. During the Yom Kippur War, Israel would have kept fighting if it weren't for the UN. You can tell me to "please stop" all you want, but that doesn't change history, and it doesn't make those facts any less true.

Actually, there is a state of Palestine. It may not be internationally recognized, but Gaza and the West Bank are under Palestinian political control. And if it weren't for the UN, they probably wouldn't even have that much sovereignty.
Delta Usafa
I'm not saying that Israel obeys everything the UN tells them to, but sometimes they have no choice. The first ceasefire this year, they wouldn't have signed if it weren't for the UN. During the Yom Kippur War, Israel would have kept fighting if it weren't for the UN. You can tell me to "please stop" all you want, but that doesn't change history, and it doesn't make those facts any less true.

I feel that the ceasefire the day before obama's inauguration speech and the upcoming Israeli election is more telling than UNSC r1860 leading to the ceasefire. Also I must add Israel didn't sign no ceasefire with Hamas.... and about 1973 war, it is more to do with Superpower pressure than the UN pressure, remember this was in the height of the Cold War where the UN is practically ineffectual without the Superpowers involvement, the same applies to the '56 war.

Delta Usafa
Actually, there is a state of Palestine. It may not be internationally recognized, but Gaza and the West Bank are under Palestinian political control. And if it weren't for the UN, they probably wouldn't even have that much sovereignty.

You call a blockade of Gaza and hundreds upon hundreds of checkpoints and soldiers in the W. Bank a state..... and if the Israel didn't give the Palestinians "that much sovereignty", tell me, what would've the UN done to Israel?
Delta Usafa

The UN makes whom stop? The UN is a western puppet and no more or no less

The Zionist entity knows it survives on aid from its only benefactor; if it tries to alter the status quo, to shake the boat too much against the tide, it'll drown in misery. Its neighbours alone have enough chemical and biological weapons to wipe out all life forms from the Zionist entity.

Latest

Trending

Trending