The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Accommodation for medical students?

Hey, I have decided to pick Nottingham as my first choice uni to study Medicine. I've had a look at the accommodation websites, but I'm unsure which accommodation suits me.

I am looking for accommodation that fits the following criteria:

Self-catering
En-suite (or studio)
Close to where Medicine is being taught (Very important)
Good internet connection

Could you also tell me how long it will take to get to the lessons from the accommodation you advise and which bus to take (or walk).

Thanks alot, I appreciate the help.
:smile:
Reply 1
If you read through the forum, you'd be able to answer this for yourself. Searching is quite easy.

Anyways, the nearest self catered is a place in Dunkirk on Montpleir road, however that will more than likely be filled up already so your next bet is Broadgate Park.
To QMC you'd need either the Indigo, Rainbow 18, NCT 36, 14 or 13 which would be at most 10mins.

Walking, it would take about 25mins.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
The walk from Broadgate is lovely in all seasons/weathers except rain. I'd say live at Broadgate.
Arda
Hey, I have decided to pick Nottingham as my first choice uni to study Medicine. I've had a look at the accommodation websites, but I'm unsure which accommodation suits me.

I am looking for accommodation that fits the following criteria:

Self-catering
En-suite (or studio)
Close to where Medicine is being taught (Very important)
Good internet connection

Could you also tell me how long it will take to get to the lessons from the accommodation you advise and which bus to take (or walk).

Thanks alot, I appreciate the help.
:smile:

Raleigh park perhaps, or Broadgate. Neither of which is especially close.

BTW... join the group it's the official one (if you haven't already)

http://www.facebook.com/events.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=105768145051
Reply 4
Thanks all of you, I was thinking Broadgate or St.Peters. Raleigh doesnt have ensuites do they? I would prefer St.Peters due to it being closer to QMC, but it doesn't have wardens and stuff and it doesn't have the uni's internet server, i don't know if that is a bad thing.
Reply 5
Riverside Point is pretty close to the QMC. Don't know anything about it though.

Latest

Trending

Trending