The Student Room Group

Severe Weather Warning: Heavy snow batters the UK

Greetings

on Monday and Tuesday, much of central England and Eastern England will be battered with snow blizzards up to 5-10cm high. However, Scotland will escape the brunt of the snow although snow is expected on Wednesday. This extreme weather is moving in from Siberia and temperatures are expected to dip down to a perishing -10 degrees Celsius. Traffic is expected to be grounded to a halt and chaos is imminent in urban areas.
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_warnings.html

What your action plan?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Snow :woo:

But my poor car :frown:
Reply 2
I plan to kidnap several stray cats and skin them, using their fur as a blanket to save on my energy bill :holmes:

Or burn them for fuel. Not decided yet :awesome:
Reply 3
I bet it won't.

I mean, blow me down with a feather if we do get lots of snow (I have plenty of bread, milk, juice and fruit and veg in the house so it's all fine if we do - but no wellies! :frown:) but I doubt it...they always get us all excited and promise snow and then it's just a bit of sleet, more likely than not while everyone's asleep.
Reply 4
HAVE A SNOW DAY YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Building snowmen sounds more fun than lectures!
Can't wait. I love cold days and because my college is so rural they have to close when it gets icy as the buses can't get out to the villages.
Reply 6
Thoust™
However, Scotland will escape the brunt of the snow..

:rant:
**** that ****.
The Mendips are in the way of any snow we might get.
Reply 8
With wildcat strikes at power plants, there may be power cuts so you may want to get candles and holders in.

"Now is the winter of our discontent"
Reply 9
Snow day so hopefully no school.

:yeah:
Reply 10
it never snows in liverpool.... fact. :frown:
abc101
I bet it won't.

I mean, blow me down with a feather if we do get lots of snow (I have plenty of bread, milk, juice and fruit and veg in the house so it's all fine if we do - but no wellies! :frown:) but I doubt it...they always get us all excited and promise snow and then it's just a bit of sleet, more likely than not while everyone's asleep.

agree. Where are you from? I'm from West Mids.
NO SCHOOL.

dear lord,
please make sixth form be closed so that i can sleep, eat and try on my clothes all day.
amen.
If it's only a dusting of snow, I'll be hugely annoyed, the amount of hype this snow has been given!
If not...then good :h:
Well I plan to use my legs (which work in all weathers) and walk to where I want to go
ooze
:rant:

Nah-uh! Edinburgh is supposedly going to get vast amounts of snow! So don't rant :biggrin:
Reply 16
No school...plzzzzzzzz :s-smilie:
Reply 17
It'll probably snow in the surrounding areas which are higher, but not much around Swansea Bay, and everything will be shut anyway, and I'll be mightily pissed off because I can't do anything and there's no snow to play in either. Boo.
Reply 18
is it actually going to be more than an inch that settles? im tired of these false promises! (although, i do remeber the day when it looked sunny in the morning so i decided to go to school in a t-shirt. It snowed at lunch :frown:)
They always say it's gonna snow and it never does. I hope it does, snow day! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending