The Student Room Group
It can but only for your children.

But I don't love my partner unconditionally, I love him on the basis that he treats me well, doesn't cheat etc. You can't be unconditionally in love with someone as it would just be an unhealthy basis for a relationship.

Have you not read Harry Potter :p:
Reply 2
i think unconditional love is more likely to occur between a parent and their child, i.e. no matter what crap the child gets into, their parents will always love them.
i dont really believe it can happen between a couple though...what if one partner cheats or turns out to be a total jerk...how could love continue after that unless you have no self esteem and are rather pathetic yourself.
Reply 3
I consider love almost unconditional. It's a generally mutual thing, if you love someone and they betray that in a big way, certainly it's possible to stop loving them, but for the most part, the person I love, I will love truly and unconditionally. :smile:
Reply 4
Yes, an Unconditional offer from a uni
I think it does exist...but it doesnt form a brilliant basis for relationships because people begin to use you. Sucks for me!
As above, people start calling you pathetic. Its sad how synonymous pathetic and selfless now are.
Expediential
I think it does exist...but it doesnt form a brilliant basis for relationships because people begin to use you. Sucks for me!
As above, people start calling you pathetic. Its sad how synonymous pathetic and selfless now are.

It is pathetic to stay with someone because 'You love them' when they treat you like absolute rubbish. There needs to be some boundaries!
Reply 7
I believe it exists cause I am in love with a beautiful girl. I love her insanely.
Reply 8
I'd say you can be very close to unconditional love, but not entirely there. There are two people in my life whom I love 'unconditionally', and the only action that could stop that love would be pre-meditated (or without reason) murder.
Reply 9
accelerator
I mean, many ppl claim they are in an unconditional love, nothing can ever separate them. But can this really happen? Money, job, beauty...love is above everything all time?

Unconditional love definitely exists between families but I don't think it exists elsewhere. Despite the fact that girls often stay with abusive men and claim to love them, having seen this situation first-hand, I think they just remain in the relationship out of fear.
balloon_parade
It is pathetic to stay with someone because 'You love them' when they treat you like absolute rubbish. There needs to be some boundaries!

But what if at the end of the day, looking at the bigger picture of things, they do make you happy at times and all the trivial ******** they put you through the rest of the time is still worth it? Isn't it about looking for the good in things and treasuring that? Wouldnt it be a real gamble/stupidity to give that up in search of something that perhaps doesnt exist?

Latest

Trending

Trending