The Student Room Group

Where did you work for work experience whilst at Secondary school?

Scroll to see replies

A week at a nursery.

A week at an accountants'.

A week in the Imperial College hospitals.

:smile:
Reply 281
Original post by manic_fuzz
A week at a nursery.

A week at an accountants'.

A week in the Imperial College hospitals.

:smile:

3 weeks , it just usually you only get one or two week work experience
In year 10 I worked in the IT department of a secondary school in another town for 2 weeks. It wasn't too bad really, I just followed a guy around while he did technical computery things, answered the phone, changes kid's passwords and did lots of fiddling with projectors. I also drank lots of Appletiser because the IT guys know the code to get free drinks from the vending machine. I don't think I really gained much from it other than in-depth knowledge about how to connect a projector to a laptop though. Highlights include dropping a printer cartridge, dyeing my black trousers magenta in the process; and having the last 2 days off because the guy I was working with sprained his back carrying a computer.
Original post by hbk4894
3 weeks , it just usually you only get one or two week work experience

We have 2 weeks in Year 10, but then we had to do another week in Year 12 :smile:
I did two weeks at a nursery.
Reply 285
Week at local council - t'was a bore.
Reply 286
Original post by manic_fuzz
We have 2 weeks in Year 10, but then we had to do another week in Year 12 :smile:

alright.
2 weeks at peacocks

I'm never working in retail again :colonhash:
2 weeks in the workshop at a Land Rover dealership, pretty good but those huge wheels are heavy!
Reply 289
i might be doing work experience next year aswell as part of my BTEC course
2 weeks in Tesco
Reply 291
Reed Business Information in year ten. First week the magazine Travel Weekly and the second week was at accounts and finance.
Reply 292
Local hairdressers: Absolutely hated that placement, just wasn't for me.

Topshop: I really enjoyed working there and I'm now studying Business in Fashion so I guess it helped me make my mind up :smile:
safestore self storage ... it was so borringg hardly anywork for me to do apart from greeting customers and rarely checking that all the storage units were intact..... the building was massive so i could easily mess about wherever the security camera is not around.!!
Reply 294
I believe I did mine at BMA, a union. It was quite enjoyable as they seemed to par Andrew Landsley on a regular basis.
BROTHEL
Year 10:
One week in a costume and dancewear shop, learned how to make tutus and the different type of pointe shoes, as well as seeing my first drunk customer. That was scary.

Second week in a family friends gift and jewelry shop, went buying for stock, decorated windows and general retail stuff. Managed her market stall extension after that. ^^

Year 12, instead of work experience I did volunteering in the woods, I was a lumberjack for a year. :biggrin:
Reply 297
City of London airport :biggrin:
Reply 298
Natwest - one week in private the next commercial banking
Reply 299
I worked in an office in year 10 for a week, i loved it but not the location.

My friends worked in scope (charity shop), shoe zone, as a nursery helper.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending