The Student Room Group

Where did you work for work experience whilst at Secondary school?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
lets get this running again.
Reply 401
bump
Reply 402
Cambridge University Press cancelled with me two weeks before I was supposed to start - I ended up at Primark.

Unsurprisingly, I was not happy :angry:
Reply 403
I did one week in a branch of Lloyds Pharmacy. It was pretty boring and I don't see why you need a degree for it. You literally package medicines which are ordered alphabetically in draws lol
Reply 404
Original post by Waqar.
I did one week in a branch of Lloyds Pharmacy. It was pretty boring and I don't see why you need a degree for it. You literally package medicines which are ordered alphabetically in draws lol

I've worked in a dispensary and wondered a similar thing :biggrin:
2 weeks with the surgery/anaesthetics department, got to watch cool procedures :dance:
Two weeks at Colchester Zoo... I don't really like zoo's now that I know more about them but I'm going to lie: it was excellent
The New Wolsey Theatre for a week. It was the most boring time of my life. I washed up in the cafe kitchen for 2 days. Then for the rest of the time went through their invoices and put things into spreadsheets.
The Job Centre. Now that's a good motivation to do well in school if I've ever seen one!
Reply 409
Original post by thegodofgod
2 weeks with the surgery/anaesthetics department, got to watch cool procedures :dance:

I'm not jealous at all :wink:
Reply 410
I done mine in my local MP's office, it was really interesting and I enjoyed every minute. I done stuff like writing articles on her website, responding to constituents concerns and contacting the council to solve peoples problems. I even met Ed Miliband and since then have been an active Labourite! I loved mine but I think you need to have an interest in politics or you'd hate it. If you'd like to do something like me then just contact your local MP and they are generally delighted to offer work experience places.
I had two weeks at River Island, as I couldn't get work experience in the area I wanted. It was quite good though - they gave me tasks to do every day and I really enjoyed it.
Two weeks at Lloyds Pharmacy.

was quite fun apart from the couple of days where i was made to check the dates on every single product in the pharmacy :L
Reply 413
Three weeks at the priory school c: (Special needs school) Got offered a job there after with training :smile:
Reply 414
Original post by karousel
Two weeks at Colchester Zoo... I don't really like zoo's now that I know more about them but I'm going to lie: it was excellent

What did you do at the zoo? Did you get to work with the animals?
Reply 415
A week in the babies room of a nursery, was fantastic actually.

Now trying to get other experience elsewhere, applied to volunteer in a tourist cafe and in a primary school for a bit, hopefully works out cause it'd be interesting
Week at the charity Mencap's daycare centre. I was lucky to get something I can use in my PS easily and not a shop or similar, which would be harder.
I did 2 weeks at Weirs valves - working in all sorts of departments. One week in IT, but I also did sales, reception, engineering etc.

I also did a week work experience in France, where I worked in a children's chrêche.
Reply 418
I was supposed to do 2 weeks at a call centre for The Daily Telegraph but the programme was only 1 week so I just stayed at home for the second week. Then, in year 12, I did a week at a country music magazine which was just in a study in the editor's house.
Reply 419
TK Maxx-child labour all for a measly gold certificate which isn't actually gold btw:angry:

Quick Reply

Latest