The Student Room Group

Where did you work for work experience whilst at Secondary school?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Week at a primary school. One of the little kids drew a picture for me, which I thought was nice, until I saw it was a picture of me burning in my house, with him smiling outside of it. What a lovely kid eh?
One week at a florist. =| was not my 1st/2nd/3rd/4th/5th choice.
emmers1990
In a nursery/pre-school. It was alright, I just got to play with toys all day and sand.

Ditto! Plus playing with the water tray thingy which was quite nice in the hottest summer we'd had in ages :cool:

Oh and playing with cornflour...when it goes all gooey then hard :biggrin: ....I think I enjoyed my time at this nursery too much :o:
I did mine at a special needs school, want to become educational psychologist in the future :biggrin:
2 weeks at my old primary school :biggrin:
Reply 105
Snookercraze
I did two weeks at Boots.

As did I
Solicitors place (quit after 1 day rofl)
Auction House. Sorting through a dead man's books basically.
Reply 108
Vets- Got to see some operations like dogs being castrated it was quite disgusting.
2 weeks in a mixed R/Y1 class in year 10.
A month in a Y1 class after my GCSEs in year 11.
2 afternoons a week in a Reception class from September - December.

Now I've realised I don't want to be a primary school teacher anymore. Balls.
University of Winchester in the Finance Department.
5 days at the HQ of Hertfordshire career services, was quite interesting, I reviewed a lot of books and websites and spent hours doing data logging but they did help me with careers choices and stuff.
Game.
In a Funeral Directors. Then they gave me a job, which was nice. Good money too :smile:.
two weeks at a animal rural department, with the cows, pigs, chickens, crazy goat, ducks, guinea pigs, chinchillas, many birds, rats, giant snails, hamsters. Good times xP, I'd go back again =D.
Reply 115
I did two weeks at my old primary school just down the road from where I live. It was great, I'd roll out of bed and five minutes later be playing with sand and play dough. :biggrin:
2 weeks at my old primary school. I had to go on two school trips with them. I felt like pulling my hair out.
Reply 117
Housekeeping at the Hilton Hotel. Slave labour.
A primary school, it was great :biggrin:
Reply 119
Scunthorpe Hospital :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending