The Student Room Group

Where did you work for work experience whilst at Secondary school?

I did two weeks at Boots.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I did a week at an estate agents. It wasn't too bad actually, I got to visit loads of houses and went to an auction. The rest of the time I was making coffees/photocopying.
Reply 2
year 8: 3 days in a kitchen in a pub! really fun

year 11: week in Thorntons - got a job there after :P

year 12: one week in a solicitors office
Reply 3
2 weeks at Macro the Cash & Carry ....
Reply 4
2 weeks at a Primary School.
I had a week in a lab in a school. I broke the photocopying machine, literally kicked it after several failed attempts of fixing it, and it started working again.
Another week in the engineering department at a university which was great. :biggrin:
Another week in a lab working for Yorkshire Water. Not too bad I suppose.
Reply 6
Yellow Pages. It was the most pointless week of my life. :smile:
Reply 7
UPS
TKMAXX-horrible!
Reply 8
I hated work experience. I think it should be banned.

I had to go to a tiny little one room bookshop. The owner was incredibly quiet. They didn't have any customers. There weren't even any chairs
:yep:
2 weeks at a small accountancy firm (my grandparents founded the company, but had retired long before... but still had the contacts so I could set it up).
Reply 10
2 weeks at the Library. A worthwhile experience, albeit a thoroughly boring one.
Reply 11
funeral parlour
Reply 12
Week at a stable yard and a day at an abbatoir!
job centre plus
Reply 14
a week at HSBC.
A week in a cafe - except I hated it, so I never went back after the first day, taking advatage of the "you must stay off work for 48 hours after having a stomach bug" :biggrin:
And then a week with my bassoon teacher visiting loads of schools and teaching kids how to play instruments :biggrin:
Emmsiewoo
year 8: 3 days in a kitchen in a pub! really fun

year 11: week in Thorntons - got a job there after :P

year 12: one week in a solicitors office

What sort of work did you do at the solicitor's office?
Reply 17
The towns museum...it was pretty weird: it was boring and interesting at the same time =/
2 weeks at a newspaper publishing company, in year 12.
Reply 19
a vets - i fainted twice and accidentally injected myself with a dog vaccine - was a great time! lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending