The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I find it quite disturbing that we've got legions of people protesting with "British jobs for British workers" emblazoned on banners etc. What's even more disturbing is that it is quoting our Prime Minister.
I support them - stupid illegal immigrants.
I think it could cause a swift change in employment attitudes and that could boost nationalism, yes.
I can't imagine this movement really taking much hold though I reckon it will die out in the next month or so.
Reply 4
L i b
I find it quite disturbing that we've got legions of people protesting with "British jobs for British workers" emblazoned on banners etc. What's even more disturbing is that it is quoting our Prime Minister.

This.
Reply 5
electriic_ink

Bit misinformed, are we?

It's over the hiring of Italian and Portugese contracters who have the same working rights as us Brits.

It's a two-way system, though, as Britains have the same rights throughout the EU.
calvinuk
Bit misinformed, are we?

It's over the hiring of Italian and Portugese contracters who have the same working rights as us Brits.

I see. I still feel as though I should agree with the protesters.
Reply 7
calvinuk
Bit misinformed, are we?

It's a two-way system, though, as Britains have the same rights throughout the EU.

The question is, how many British plumbers have buggered off to Poland for a better life? It's a 2 way system with 1 way benefits.

European economic migrants are obviously going to head for the country that offers them the most benefits, which just happens to be the UK. (Until recently) A strong economy with low unemployment. Free healthcare. Minimum wage laws. It sounds pretty good to someone from one of the more economically disadvantaged countries of the EU.

It's all come to a head now because there's not enough jobs for british people to go into if they get laid off now that the economy's broken and it's not surprising that people are getting angry that Britain isn't looking after its own, above EU migrants. I can understand why people are unhappy, but striking isn't going to make things better.
Reply 8
electriic_ink

You must be one of the most nerdest, sadist, geek whoes too cleaver for his own good to put how many ppl are getting A grades in your stig.
I hate people like you who conplain about it, most other ppl who say things like "A-Levels are dumbing down" are old bitter professers and some odd teachers.
SFsucks
You must be one of the most nerdest, sadist, geek whoes too cleaver for his own good to put how many ppl are getting A grades in your stig.
I hate people like you who conplain about it, most other ppl who say things like "A-Levels are dumbing down" are old bitter professers and some odd teachers.

I never said anything about A Levels being dumbed down in my sig.
Reply 10
i thought this thread was about HSM causing more BNP members. :getmecoat:

Latest

Trending

Trending