The Student Room Group

Goldsmiths vs Royal Holloway

hey guys,

i'm from germany, applied for psychology on some of london's universities and now got 3 unconditional offers. ucl declined and greenwich didnt answer yet, so they kinda got dismissed.

ive got offers by city university, goldsmiths and royal holloway. i returned from london yesterday and city university got kicked out.

now goldsmiths vs royal holloway... im really stuck, help me.
Reply 1
davesn
hey guys,

i'm from germany, applied for psychology on some of london's universities and now got 3 unconditional offers. ucl declined and greenwich didnt answer yet, so they kinda got dismissed.

ive got offers by city university, goldsmiths and royal holloway. i returned from london yesterday and city university got kicked out.

now goldsmiths vs royal holloway... im really stuck, help me.

neither - they both offer bad job prospects / arent gpood
Reply 2
i've heard good things about holloway :smile:
Reply 3
hopefull89
neither - they both offer bad job prospects / arent gpood

What are you talking about..?
Royal holloway is in the top 5 unis in the UK for psychology, it is wlel known for being good at this subject. Im currently in my second year for psychology and the course is really good. 80% of people pass with a first or 2.1. I applied for GOldsmiths too and got accepted, but Holloway is a much better uni
Reply 4
sarah_sos
What are you talking about..?
Royal holloway is in the top 5 unis in the UK for psychology, it is wlel known for being good at this subject. Im currently in my second year for psychology and the course is really good. 80% of people pass with a first or 2.1. I applied for GOldsmiths too and got accepted, but Holloway is a much better uni

Isn't Michael Eynsenck there? I think he's pretty well respected in the area of psychology. He wouldn't be at a poor university...
I would say Holloway. Fantastic for Psychology, international research.

I also believe they also boast one of the highest graduate employment rates.
Reply 6
marshey
Isn't Michael Eynsenck there? I think he's pretty well respected in the area of psychology. He wouldn't be at a poor university...

Yes Eysenck is here! its a fantastic department
Reply 7
Goldsmiths' isn't situated in a very nice area. I'm sure some people really appreciate the shabby chic.. mainly Indie kids and those who are really into liberal arts. If you're interested in consciousness studies Max Velmans is a Professor here.

http://www.goldsmiths.ac.uk/psychology/staff/velmans.php
Reply 8
Royal Holloway should have a much better reputation.
Reply 9
Royal Holloway by a million miles. It's a great uni for Psychology and a beautiful campus. Can't emphasise strongly enough that it's far far better. Congrats on getting a place!
Royal Holloway, Royal Holloway, Royal Holloway!! The campus is just stunning, and in my opinion it's very underrated!
alliefunkin
Royal Holloway, Royal Holloway, Royal Holloway!! The campus is just stunning, and in my opinion it's very underrated!

OP is probably finishing his first year by now.

Old thread.

Latest