The Student Room Group

What did we do before the internet..

I'm DYING.

My hard drive blew up on Thursday and I haven't got a clue how to fit a new one, nor do I have any windows discs so I ended up taking it into a shop for repairage. It will be at least tuesday before the hard drive arrives and I get my PC back. Right now i'm using a borrowed laptop I won't have for long.

I feel so utterly lost without the internet. I went out Friday night until Saturday night, I slept from midnight to 3pm today just to avoid getting up and having nothing to do. And I still have another 2 days to go..

Agh. Addiction. :frown:
Any work that you need to do? Perfect opportunity to get it done :p:
I actually can't remember what I did before I had the internet for the very first time.
Reply 3
We went outside and had social lives.
Reply 4
I often wonder the same thing!. God I am on the net for hours everyday, its almost as though my life cannot be without the blooming thing. I"ve had a pc/laptop for years, so I cant remember what I did before .....although I am sure that watching tv and having a life fitted in there somewhere, lol. I know how you feel though, especially at times when my pc was being a bugger and playing up which meant I had no ( or very limited ) connection to the net. It was almost like a part of me was missing :frown:.
Go and play with your friends.
Reply 6
I manage just fine without tinternet.
TSR via royal mail...took a while to get a thread started though
Reply 8
zaini_attack

:rofl:
Reply 9
I bet the prostituition industry was booming pre-internet
homework?
It's an era everyone has forgotten. I wonder what I did them eleven years of my life when I didn't have the internet. I seriously can't remember.
zaini_attack

couldn't be that much slower than it is now

:creep:
Reply 13
I think we molested farmyard animals or something. :dontknow:
AsystoleUK
I'm DYING.

My hard drive blew up on Thursday and I haven't got a clue how to fit a new one, nor do I have any windows discs so I ended up taking it into a shop for repairage. It will be at least tuesday before the hard drive arrives and I get my PC back. Right now i'm using a borrowed laptop I won't have for long.

I feel so utterly lost without the internet. I went out Friday night until Saturday night, I slept from midnight to 3pm today just to avoid getting up and having nothing to do. And I still have another 2 days to go..

Agh. Addiction. :frown:

lol why don't you go out with your friends or something?

Living without the internet can be annoying, but if you can't actually do it then you know you've got a problem
Read a book :smile:
Reply 16
I've heard rumours about something called sunlight, it's probably a load of tosh though.
Reply 17
We used Encarta instead :biggrin:
Reply 18
Had a lot fewer distractions to stop us getting piles of work done... sigh.

Latest

Trending

Trending