The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think they'd take Bradford, but we'd storm them from Leeds Nd Manchester. 3 days of resistance before they declare surrender.
Reply 2
well i think id support who ever was right in my view. Im Indian British btw
Reply 3
Personally, Britain because i was born here and have lived here all my life. Also, my last 2 week holiday to India was pure hell so i really don't like it very much. :smile:
Bare_Tonk
Do you consider yourself British, or from the country of your ethnic origin.

E.g. If britain and pakistan were to go to war, whose side would you be on?

Just shoot ourselves?

(I ain't Pakistani.)
Bare_Tonk

British. More progressive and tolerant society. Most native Pakistanis dislike me because im "too westernised" and im often referred to as "Coconut - brown on the outside white on the inside" or "Burger Bachaa" which basically means burger kid...some odd reference to Americanisation even though I live in the UK. Often made to feel like an outsider because English is my first language (even by my own family!). I dont really get why they disdain westernised Pakistanis :confused:
Reply 6
Over here, people that aren't white that act "white" are called white-washed. haha
Reply 7
Bare_Tonk

If that happened then there would also be a civil war in Britain. But I'll be on Pakistans side. The majority of British asians would.

BTW I consider myself English, not British.
Reply 8
British.
Reply 9
I didn't know people from Pakistan are called Asians.

Asians over here are referred to people from Far East.
Cyclone33
Over here, people that aren't white that act "white" are called white-washed. haha

But how can you "act" "white"??? I just dont get that mode of thinking.
Reply 11
ehh...british, i guess. my parents always tell me: 'you're not indian, you're british-asian.', and i don't feel that i'm particularly indian :s-smilie: i don't even speak the language, for starters.
@awesome-o: haha at 'they'd take bradford'. too true.
Reply 12
~EventHorizon~
But how can you "act" "white"??? I just dont get that mode of thinking.

Basically it's like calling someone very Westernized.
Reply 13
~EventHorizon~
British. More progressive and tolerant society. Most native Pakistanis dislike me because im "too westernised" and im often referred to as "Coconut - brown on the outside white on the inside" or "Burger Bachaa" which basically means burger kid...some odd reference to Americanisation even though I live in the UK. Often made to feel like an outsider because English is my first language (even by my own family!). I dont really get why they disdain westernised Pakistanis :confused:

I like to use the term "Bounty" when referring to black people who act white.
I consider myself british but if at war, I wouldn't take sides.
Reply 15
I consider myself british, but if it was against India and I felt britain was in the wrong then I'd support India obv.
Reply 16
Is it the UK or 4 separate countries?
shark67
If that happened then there would also be a civil war in Britain. But I'll be on Pakistans side. The majority of British asians would.

BTW I consider myself English, not British.

Well in that case, what right do you have in Britain, if you would be willing to take up arms against our forces?
Reply 18
I don't particularly care. And the second part of your post is very telling of your intellect. Enjoy your pointless tribalism.
Reply 19
Cyclone33
I didn't know people from Pakistan are called Asians.

Asians over here are referred to people from Far East.

LMAO! Oh my god :L

I was told I "Spoke very good English" by an American once, and you should have saw they're face when I told them the majority of Scottish people speak English :L

Oh dear.

Latest

Trending

Trending