The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
foolfarian
my good god. Is this what girls read in cosmo? This is nearly word for word what my ex said...

Ah, so it is personal...no, I didn't read that in Cosmo, somehow they generally seem to have a slightly different opinion to me on these things (in that there's something wrong with you if you haven't slept with 20 people by the time you're 20). Surely you've done things you regret at some point?

Sam - you're right about the persuasion thing, that's basically what he tried, and when you're not thinking 100% straight you don't always see it for the straight out bullshit it really is. And at the time I was single, so nobody else was hurt by what went on.
Reply 81
amo1
its gotta be less intimate than sex... possibly less intimate than a kiss

Hmmm that is really interesting.
I can kind of see where you are coming from in a way. I said this before but I think men receiving oral sex is a lot less intimate than a women receiving it. I dunno why I just feel that way about it.
Sex is a lot closer and emotional I would say, but me receiving oral sex is a lot more personal than having sex with someone, it's all to do with the exposure of it.
SamTheMan
Why would your ex say she needed to give a blowjob to get out of a sticky situation? This wasn't while she was with you at least?

Desperate guys dream of girls with a weak personality. At least they dream of finding one for a one night stand. A lot of girls hate confrontation so much that a little blowjob is no biggie. When the guys pretending he'd be terribly hurt and you'd be an awful person not to give in...
What's funny is that a guy will end up calling a girl a slut in that kind of situation if the girl doesn't give in, yet won't go out with a girl who gives in easily in that kind of situation because she'd be a "slut".

ummmm, when i say ex i mean current. and when i say 'in the past' i mean 'a month ago'
foolfarian
ummmm, when i say ex i mean current. and when i say 'in the past' i mean 'a month ago'

Did she cheat on you or was this just before you got together?
lynseyweth
Hmmm that is really interesting.
I can kind of see where you are coming from in a way. I said this before but I think men receiving oral sex is a lot less intimate than a women receiving it. I dunno why I just feel that way about it.
Sex is a lot closer and emotional I would say, but me receiving oral sex is a lot more personal than having sex with someone, it's all to do with the exposure of it.

amo1
its gotta be less intimate than sex... possibly less intimate than a kiss

There's something not right about thinking that way.
If you can't see the intimacy, it might be because you're not connecting with the person, which can't be a good thing. You should be seeing what you're sharing with that person, what they might be feeling and how they might be perceiving you doing the act. There's more than the actual action you're doing.
Oral sex on a woman is not more intimate. As a guy, I could think that when I go down on a girl, it's as intimate as licking an ice-cream if I just think about the act I'm doing and not the bigger picture of what I'm sharing with that person.
SamTheMan
Did she cheat on you or was this just before you got together?

a few days before we became official, but after we had been seeing each other for a bit.
foolfarian
a few days before we became official, but after we had been seeing each other for a bit.

I personally wouldn't date any girl who did that while we were starting to see each other. But it's your choice. I might try to get over it but it would be on my mind incessantly and although, I'd be fine sleeping with her, committing would be difficult. But that's just my position...
Reply 87
Its way more intimate than sex, I reckon it's to do with the balance of power.
When you give oral sex you're in complete control of them but also they've got power over you, so you've got to really trust each other.
Reply 88
I think it's very intimate indeed and wouldn't engange in it with just anyone!
SamTheMan
I personally wouldn't date any girl who did that while we were starting to see each other. But it's your choice. I might try to get over it but it would be on my mind incessantly and although, I'd be fine sleeping with her, committing would be difficult. But that's just my position...

mmm, certainly have lost a trust element. Fact is tho im (stupidly or not) nuts about her, and technically she did nothing wrong (did i mention that the guy in question is the most beer bellied obnoxious tw*t around), tho literally it felt like someone had ripped out my heart and stamped all over it for about a week afterwards. I'd say it has fooked thing up big time, but right now im focusing more on showing her just how stupid she'd be to do anything like it again through being the perfect b/f. become indispensible if you like. And in the mean time work on making sure i have more going for me in my life than just her, so if ever sh did pull another stunt, i would have some backups. (im talking more backup friends than lovers!)
foolfarian
mmm, certainly have lost a trust element. Fact is tho im (stupidly or not) nuts about her, and technically she did nothing wrong (did i mention that the guy in question is the most beer bellied obnoxious tw*t around), tho literally it felt like someone had ripped out my heart and stamped all over it for about a week afterwards. I'd say it has fooked thing up big time, but right now im focusing more on showing her just how stupid she'd be to do anything like it again through being the perfect b/f. become indispensible if you like. And in the mean time work on making sure i have more going for me in my life than just her, so if ever sh did pull another stunt, i would have some backups. (im talking more backup friends than lovers!)

I feel your pain. I went through a similar thing with an ex a few years ago. I'm not going to bore you again with the story as I've probably mentioned it twice in posts above. It took away all respect and feelings I had for her. The worst part was that I tried to understand but I just couldn't.
Why a girl would accept or feel the need to do something like that when she's already met someone she likes beats me completely. It seems like something some girl desperate for affection and who's going about it completely the wrong way (behaving like that isn't going to get any girl respect or affection. She might get a guy interested in shagging her for a bit but that's it) would do.
I'd also watch out with these excuses. They could just be used to reassure themselves they had little to do with the whole thing (which in effect, doesn't make it any better).
Reply 91
SamTheMan
There's something not right about thinking that way.
If you can't see the intimacy, it might be because you're not connecting with the person, which can't be a good thing. You should be seeing what you're sharing with that person, what they might be feeling and how they might be perceiving you doing the act. There's more than the actual action you're doing.
Oral sex on a woman is not more intimate. As a guy, I could think that when I go down on a girl, it's as intimate as licking an ice-cream if I just think about the act I'm doing and not the bigger picture of what I'm sharing with that person.

It is more intimate for me because I am a woman.
Not that i would - but I am more likely to give oral sex to a stranger than take it from a stranger.
But that's just me and I am entitled to my own opinion on the matter just as you are.
I think everything sexual is intimate if you are with the right person, if you are in love anything from cuddling to sex is veru intimate - whereas if it is just a one night stand it is not going to be intimate at all (well not for me it wouldn't be).
Reply 92
lynseyweth
Not that i would - but I am more likely to give oral sex to a stranger than take it from a stranger.
But that's just me and I am entitled to my own opinion on the matter just as you are.
I think everything sexual is intimate if you are with the right person, if you are in love anything from cuddling to sex is veru intimate - whereas if it is just a one night stand it is not going to be intimate at all (well not for me it wouldn't be).

:dito:
SamTheMan
I feel your pain. I went through a similar thing with an ex a few years ago. I'm not going to bore you again with the story as I've probably mentioned it twice in posts above. It took away all respect and feelings I had for her. The worst part was that I tried to understand but I just couldn't.
Why a girl would accept or feel the need to do something like that when she's already met someone she likes beats me completely. It seems like something some girl desperate for affection and who's going about it completely the wrong way (behaving like that isn't going to get any girl respect or affection. She might get a guy interested in shagging her for a bit but that's it) would do.
I'd also watch out with these excuses. They could just be used to reassure themselves they had little to do with the whole thing (which in effect, doesn't make it any better).

nail on head there. Shes always somewhat of an outsider cos she does so many things she never gts close to any particular group, and i think she is trying to be part of the 'cool group'.
personally i was apparently part of the 'cool group' but i, and no-one in it would ever think of it like that. Turns out that some people are actually really snide about the more outgoing groups of people who like to go out, meet people, go clubbing etc.
Blooming stupid.
lynseyweth

its amazing how quickly you mature isn't it. when you are 16-18 you are expected to date someone for months before sleeping with them. When you are 18+ you are expected to sleep with them near straight away. And for those who think this is just a guy thing, don't be fooled. The last 2 girls i saw both were pretty much demanding it after 1st/2nd date, whereas i was a bit more...conservative thinking. Talk about role reversal.
dammit am i the only girl who agrees with foolfarian????

if i invite a guy to my room, maybe for a talk or a kiss then im only gonna go as far as i want to. if he started demanding blows etc i'd sure as hell say no if i didnt want to. and nothing he says will make it any different. im 5 ft 1 and i dont care.

there's no such thing as semi rape. there's rape and theres consent. if you are drunk but say yes, then you have to take responsibility for your actions. and to be fair, if i was drunk and my bf was horney i woulddnt take him to my room unless i wanted something to happen. so helen think before you talk. if you say no then mean no.
Reply 96
magiccarpet
dammit am i the only girl who agrees with foolfarian????

if i invite a guy to my room, maybe for a talk or a kiss then im only gonna go as far as i want to. if he started demanding blows etc i'd sure as hell say no if i didnt want to. and nothing he says will make it any different. im 5 ft 1 and i dont care.

there's no such thing as semi rape. there's rape and theres consent. if you are drunk but say yes, then you have to take responsibility for your actions. and to be fair, if i was drunk and my bf was horney i woulddnt take him to my room unless i wanted something to happen. so helen think before you talk. if you say no then mean no.

Completely agree.... but not a girl, sorry :p:
i dont know about the age thing. i think its to do with class, culture and maturity.
i wouldnt do any

:boring: + :worm:
or have any
:eviltongu + :girl:

unless i'd been with the person for 6 months to a year
lynseyweth

That was my point: it's not just because you're a woman, and that the act you're doing, if looked at technically, is nothing more than putting something in your mouth. Hell you could put a banana in your mouth, it would be just as intimate if you think like that.
You've got to think about whether it's intimate for the other person and if you're "sharing" a moment with that person and if you don't find it intimate and they do, it doesn't seem right to me. The whole act is intimate. If it's just intimate for one person, someone's being used.
Aren't you a bit worried about how a guy will perceive you if he finds it extremely intimate (his privates are involved) and the you just consider it as sticking something in your mouth?
I just don't get girls who think like you but I'm not trying to change the way you think anyway. Why would you be prepared to do something that the guy will find very intimate if you're not sharing the whole intimacy of it?
Sorry, to use explicit terms, but I find that attitude extremely slutty.
Reply 99
im a man and i find oral sex very intimate but id do it with somone i wouldnt sleep with, does that make me a bad person?? :redface:

Latest

Trending

Trending