The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just curious...
Is it snowing in London?
My school only shuts down if very few teachers come in so im hoping that teachers can't make it in to school so I don't have to go in.
Reply 22
Nynyflower
I think it depends on busses.

This basically. If a high percentage of the school travel by bus or public transport that will be inevitably disrupted, it should mean school won't be on, luckily me and over half my school do go by bus :smile: Although its going to have to snow a bit more tonight as there's only a light covering atm.

If most people can get to school reasonably easily, obviously there's a high chance school will be on.
Reply 23
Miss Mary
Just curious...
Is it snowing in London?

yes
LDN >>>
aMAXin
yes
LDN >>>

:frown: Gee I wanna be in London right now...
Reply 25
Miss Mary
:frown: Gee I wanna be in London right now...

Reply 26
Im going to sleep now - jus incase i do have school 2moro

Although i doubt it...
Sithius
Pathetic. A bit of snow and the country grinds to a halt when other countries have it far worse and manage to get by.

Seriously! I've been seeing this kind of thing all over the forum today. From the sounds of what's going on you guys are on a picnic compared to us.
We'd love to have the amount of snow you guys get and have a snow day.
I don't want to sound like a bitch, but it's really not that bad. :smile:
Reply 28
idealreality
Seriously! I've been seeing this kind of thing all over the forum today. From the sounds of what's going on you guys are on a picnic compared to us.

It is bad for us. Because we are usually unprepared for it. The buses aren't built with the idea of heavy snow or bad conditions. Drivers aren't used to driving in snow, so therefore there tend to be more accidents. We also drive far less suitable cars for snow. We are less used to the temperatures.

Just because it seems a lot less than how much you are getting in Canada doesn't mean its any less important.
Reply 29
London is beautiful right now. I've never loved the city more than I do tonight. :suith:

THIS.

All London bus services are cancelled.
Reply 32
idealreality

It's not that bad for canada, but london isn't prepared for it because it doesn't need to be.
Reply 33
menagerie
THIS.

All London bus services are cancelled.
so no school today? :headbang:
Reply 34
Mines closed :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Schools generally only close when electricity/heating is gone. Since snow does neither of these things, chances are 1%.

Re: London buses: They'll be working by the morning.
ShinyApple
Schools generally only close when electricity/heating is gone. Since snow does neither of these things, chances are 1%.

Re: London buses: They'll be working by the morning.

o_O

Still keeping my hopes up!
My school is really high up and buses and cars can't get up the hills in snow. I will be more shocked if there is school is open because Damm! I just looked outside and its really really bad. - The day after tomorrow snow down here!
Reply 38
shiny apple don't be a prick because you're too old for this ****.
sourgrapesassmuhfugga.
aMAXin
shiny apple don't be a prick because you're too old for this ****.
sourgrapesassmuhfugga.

haha :biggrin:

yeahh blud, don't burst my bubble.... ^_^