The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
School = officially closed. No buses, nor tubes, nor trains in London!!! Woooop! This is heaven!!!!
The snow has stopped. *cries*

There's so much outside! lol!
Reply 82
We had at least six inches of snow here. I doubt anyone even bothered to attempt the journey to school today with this wonderful excuse not to.
yay!
Reply 84
I'm not at work due to the snow yay
Reply 85
pinenuts
We had at least six inches of snow here. I doubt anyone even bothered to attempt the journey to school today with this wonderful excuse not to.

Only 6? There's at least 10/11 inches down in South London!!!
ADREAM
School = officially closed. No buses, nor tubes, nor trains in London!!! Woooop! This is heaven!!!!

:ditto:
And yay for no school :woo::biggrin:
Reply 87
possibly, unless it rains or ices over.
I dnt even think the snows a big deal tbh
Even if mine opens I doubt I'll go in. I live on a hill and when it snows we can't get out.
Reply 89
It's going around school that we're going to be shut tomorrow :woo:
london is majorly broken.

and i woke up this morning to facebook messages, four of them. all notifiying me that LSE has closed for the day. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WIN!!!!.

four lectures that i didnt want to go to anyway cancelled :biggrin:
i hope it closed tomorrow too! i wanna miss my stats lesson first thing!
Probably been asked but chances of school being closed tomorrow? I have my IB English oral tomorrow and who knows what my teacher will do, he said the only excuse for not turning up is death...
Reply 93
Duncan70
If your school has poor / no heating like mine has had for the last few years (but think its fixed now DAMNIT) then they really dont like opening the school if the snows bad enough, not that many teachers would complain.

my schools heating system is shot :biggrin:
Reply 94
ShinyApple
It's not expected to reach 10 inches!

Iron your uniform and go to sleep!

It has reached 10 inches and they predict another 10 inches in the next 24 hours.

I listened to you and ironed my clothes, can i have my time back now that i wasted ironing my clothes? school was closed :biggrin:
Reply 95
there's a list of about 200 schools that are closed on the southern fm website.
oh cmon on
It has reached 10 inches and they predict another 10 inches in the next 24 hours.

I listened to you and ironed my clothes, can i have my time back now that i wasted ironing my clothes? school was closed :biggrin:

Try 10 cm in the next 24 hours.
Reply 97
Its been said that its going to be extremely cold tonight meaning the snow won't melt, but freeze....
meaning iceeeeeeeeeeeee iceeeeeeeee= dangerous so people cant get to schoooool
:woo:
Reply 98
gingerbread_traveller
Try 10 cm in the next 24 hours.

Why when i can try 25 cm?
Reply 99
It's not just due to people not being able to get in, it's also due to health and safety.

Kids slipping on ice, throwing snowballs (potentially with grit in them) getting in someone's eye etc.

To be honest, it's totally ridiculous that the whole country grinds to a holt due to some snow! If they just got snow plows out in the evening gritted roads PROPERLY it probably wouldn't be so bad. No roads near me were even gritted!!

Latest

Trending

Trending