The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

yeah anyone know if LSE will reschedule lectures?
I was wondering this, I think that unless your lecturers can't get in then there's no point but since there aren't any buses and you can't get in then I think you have a snow day.
Reply 3
I got an email saying property got cancelled, and a message saying happy snowman building

TFL has sort of collapsed given theres no buses and only victoria line on tube is properly running
Please please say King's is closed. :frown:

I live an hour away so it's impossible for me to get in at all. But if I miss any more lectures I'm screwed. I actually want to cry.
Reply 5
I live half an hour from Imperial at the best of times, and that's at a brisk pace. My lab partner is STILL walking what normally takes her an hour. Sheer bloody mindedness :p:

Surely lecturers and staff who may live further out will have a ridiculously hard time getting in?
Reply 6
All these kids are getting happy about a snow day..

Dont they understand that real students actually have to study? :frown:

I have two lectures two hour lectures today and a one hour class to boot! WTF should i do? Stay home? Go sleep? Go uni? :s-smilie:
i am hoping to watch macro online later in the week :frown:
Reply 8
Economics101
All these kids are getting happy about a snow day..

Dont they understand that real students actually have to study? :frown:

I have two lectures two hour lectures today and a one hour class to boot! WTF should i do? Stay home? Go sleep? Go uni? :s-smilie:

Snap. One lecture, 4 hours of lab....

What to do? I don't want to go in if there'll be no one there to teach me/supervise me/actually run the building. Gah.
Reply 9
Quite a few Imperial departments are closed due to too few staff ... including chemistry!
Reply 10
Sadly there is no snow in aberdeen, but if there was we'd still be expected to turn up unless an email has been sent out and even then they dont bother and just stick a sign up on the door of the lecture room telling you to go away....2 mile walk for a 3 hr lecture....noooooooo!
Damn living on campus!
Reply 12
Cyco
Quite a few Imperial departments are closed due to too few staff ... including chemistry!

Bro, how did you find out?
I think it's highly unlikely that a lot of places will open today. Buses are cancelled and train services are badly affected. The roads don't look to good either and apparently there are already accidents occurring.
Reply 14
I don't actually want my lectures to be cancelled today :frown: I have a meeting which I booked and need with my lecturer as well. He'd better be in! ARGH.
Reply 15
m:)ckel
Bro, how did you find out?

Internal IC email.
Reply 16
I think the best option would be to wait till 9-9:30am as by then if a department is closed for the day they will let the students know (hopefully).
ElectricOceans
I think it's highly unlikely that a lot of places will open today. Buses are cancelled and train services are badly affected. The roads don't look to good either and apparently there are already accidents occurring.

I think that's wishful thinking :biggrin:
Reply 18
FireDeuce
I think that's wishful thinking :biggrin:

:frown:
Reply 19
a_t
I got an email saying property got cancelled, and a message saying happy snowman building

TFL has sort of collapsed given theres no buses and only victoria line on tube is properly running

Ah methinks that you normally have the joys of Professor Penner too? :biggrin:

I presume that the early lectures and classes will be cancelled and if the transport starts working later then afternoon classes will be on, just keep watching tfl tbh...

I doubt any of my other lecturers will send me a nice happy email and I'll have to walk through the snow to class only to be told that my journey was pointless :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending