The Student Room Group

The official "I'm 17/18/25/102 and never been kissed" thread

I'm bored, it's a snow day, and this is well overdue. Seriously a Mod should have made this like 3 years ago. Inspired by the 10,000,000 "I still have my lipginity/virginity" threads. So, if anyone sees one of them threads, link the OP here.

*Begins*:
It's not 'weird' to never have been kissed, it's ok. It should not be an issue, nor will it be one if you don't want it to. Despite what loads of people on here will say, you're not ugly if you've never had your first kiss, you just haven't found the right time. You're not a weirdo or a freak, or hideously unnattractive. Our grandparents most probably hadn't by our age, why do we need to be pressured into this? Do we? No. We should and can take things at their own pace. Lots of people have never been kissed at your age (this is aimed at those of you aged round 17-20, if you're younger then gtfo you're fine). It's really perfectly normal, not something to be worried about, or upset.

I'm tired of typing this out over and over again, so I'm doing it here. You don't need to worry about when your first kiss will be, when it happens it happens, and you don't need experience at doing it. It's simple and you'll figure it out. Everything will work its self out in the end. Don't dwell on it.

The "I'm a virgin" threads are even worse. All I'm going to say is: No one will turn you down for being a virgin! It is not a bad thing! It is a good thing! I promise you this.

Don't worry about it. Don't stress about it. Just live your life and be happy. I promise you it will happen and you'll laugh at how long you spent wishing for it.

Edit: Mods, can you help keep this thread on topic please?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Good post. :smile:
Can we keep this thread somewhat serious please? I know '102' was a joke, but yeah, thanks. :smile:
Love the song at the end :p:

"Don't worry about a thing... 'cuz every little thing is gonna be alright."

I'm 17 and I'm fine with it. There's plenty of time.
Reply 4
finally..lol i was wondering when a thread like this would be created

who wants to bet there will be another thread by the end of the claiming they don't know what to do because they haven't been kissed...
Reply 5
I didn't get kissed till I was 19 and then I kissed 3 different people in the few months after that and none were meaningless, they were all nice. Seriously just relax, it'll come when it comes and not being kissed is not anything against you.
kamsha
finally..lol i was wondering when a thread like this would be created

who wants to bet there will be another thread by the end of the claiming they don't know what to do because they haven't been kissed...

I'm hoping people will link them here and this can be a big thread.
Reply 7
So, yeah, instead of just making vague assertions to try and comfort people, I felt a better approach would be to give them the plain facts:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=690729
Reply 8
Bubbles*de*Milo
I'm hoping people will link them here and this can be a big thread.

Was a nice idea but sadly some people on here feel the need to post completely irrelevant posts.
Morbo
So, yeah, instead of just making vague assertions to try and comfort people, I felt a better approach would be to give them the plain facts:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=690729

That's depressing, though. Superficial happiness is what we aim for here. GTFO.
Reply 10
Bubbles*de*Milo
Advice most people know... everyday there's literally another thread on this. I'm a virgin, am I weird? I've never been kissed. I'm inexperienced, etc etc...

Nah, its nothing like as bad as that! This doesn't need a whole topic, if anything it needs your OP and that's it...
Bubbles*de*Milo
Advice most people know... everyday there's literally another thread on this. I'm a virgin, am I weird? I've never been kissed. I'm inexperienced, etc etc...

Tis true and to be honest, as someone who was a bit of a late developer in that respect (First kiss at 21!) it would have been fantastic to have had some advice from others who had been there.
I need help...Im 20 going on 21, Im not allowed to go out with my friends or with anyone else for that matter, therefore I havent been on a date/kissed anyone etc... Im trying to go away now for university because my parents are too controlling even though I have already done an undergrad degree:o:
Anonymous
I need help...Im 20 going on 21, Im not allowed to go out with my friends or with anyone else for that matter, therefore I havent been on a date/kissed anyone etc... Im trying to go away now for university because my parents are too controlling even though I have already done an undergrad degree:o:

Awwwwww :frown: That's really mean! You should move out as soon as you can, leave your parents where they are and take control of your own life :biggrin: It's so much more fun :wink:
Anonymous

You're parents can't force you to stay with them. Best advice is to escape from them I think, even though it's hard to cut the cord, you need your freedom.
Reply 16
:nospam:

Keep this thread on topic please
:smile:
Reply 18
Anonymous

Why aren't you allowed to go out?:s-smilie:
whitepearlbaby
Awwwwww :frown: That's really mean! You should move out as soon as you can, leave your parents where they are and take control of your own life :biggrin: It's so much more fun :wink:

Bubbles*de*Milo
You're parents can't force you to stay with them. Best advice is to escape from them I think, even though it's hard to cut the cord, you need your freedom.

I know, I have to or else I will go crazy:frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending