The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Ash Music Scholarships

Scroll to see replies

I'm not applying (missed G8 distinction by 5 marks :frown: )but out of interest, what instrument are you going for? :smile:

unikq
Bumping a 2 year old thread :biggrin: seems like no freshers applied for Ash last year...
just a question, does qualifying an Ash Scholarship necessarily mean that you will get it for the next x years whilst studying at imperial? Or would you have to reapply/reaudition and the lot the next years?
and only 20 people for auditions? Please tell me that's true../. please please.
And what kind of people apply? What level of musical experience does everyone have? does anyone go to Purcel/Yehudi Menuhin school? anyone go to junior conservertoire? anyone at NYO?
Im at Junior Guildhall School of Music and Drama, and have been for like 8 years, so yeh, i've had oppurtunities to learn with top proffs, anyone else go to conservertoire? RCM? RAM? Guildhall? NORTHERN?
and they only write down grade 8 as a rough guideline, to be honest, a RCM proffessor would NEVER judge you on grades or diploma - im a grade detester (I HATE PEOPLE WHO ASK ME!!! GRR - (i have 8 dist:smile:))
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 61
er, violin as principle study
statistical odds are 1 to 4, but reality odds will be a lot higher i think, you shouldave applied... i promised full committment to the music dept in my PS on UCAS anyway :biggrin:
Reply 62
Hi, I think I might apply for it next year if I even get into Imperial:smile: How come the first guy who did his diploma didn't get an audition whereas the other one had the grade 8 and got an audition?? Also, when you mean grade 8 stuff for the sight reading, do you mean grade 8 sight reading test standard or grade 8 piece standard?
Continuing the thread!!! I have my audition tomorrow. My instrument is voice (I sing opera). My sight reading is definitely my weakest spot as I don't really sing properly in any choirs. I really dont like choirs as I cannot sing loud and sing with my whole sound.

For context to future applicants: I study at Junior Guildhall and have grade 8 distinction. Have won a few competitions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending