The Student Room Group

What are my chances (uni)

I applied in november to study a diploma in child nursing, I was going to apply for the diploma in adult nursing aswell, but to be honest, i was very skint at the time and the £7 ucas fee came out of my electric money so i didnt apply for the adult nursing.
I was declined for the child nursing due to being mainly below average on the criteria, however in the paper today there was an advert saying that there are still places available for the feb start in adult nursing so i have applied, saying that i have now also volunteered as a helper at my rainbow girl guides, and have also applied to do an access course in september if i am uncusseful.
As i was declined before do i not stand a chance? i'm starting to panic as I would love so much to do this course and now that me and my partner have a bit more money comeing in, we could both afford me to do it.
Its my dream!
Reply 1
btw the reason i mentioned the rainbow guides is because i was told i dont have much experience in working as a team, but my previous job was a team leader at tesco!
Reply 2
Anyone?? 55 views and no help!!
You know what, child nursing is harder to get into than adult nursing. you may be within a good chance actually...i know many people who got rejected for other branches but got onto adult as there are more places

good luck! You'll love nursing, especially adult! You can actually swap if you have a good reason at the end of your first year! which uni are you looking at?

APPLY! You'll regret it if you don't
Reply 4
I think you still stand a Chance. There is no harm in re-applying? If you get rejected then unlucky, if you get in then it will be really good. There are plenty of Jobs out there. They will not make you a millionnaire in a week but they will help you and help to support you financially.

Good Luck, I hope you get in, you sound like an unfortunate person in life who is very passionate and has a dream and I hope you achieve it...:biggrin:
Reply 5
anna_spanner89
You know what, child nursing is harder to get into than adult nursing. you may be within a good chance actually...i know many people who got rejected for other branches but got onto adult as there are more places

good luck! You'll love nursing, especially adult! You can actually swap if you have a good reason at the end of your first year! which uni are you looking at?

only UEA as i have my own home. Like i said i was interested in adult nursing, but i couldnt afford ucas which sucked. maybe fate is playing a game with me?
Reply 6
*MJ*
I think you still stand a Chance. There is no harm in re-applying? If you get rejected then unlucky, if you get in then it will be really good. There are plenty of Jobs out there. They will not make you a millionnaire in a week but they will help you and help to support you financially.

Good Luck, I hope you get in, you sound like an unfortunate person in life who is very passionate and has a dream and I hope you achieve it...:biggrin:

thank you :smile:
Reply 7
anna_spanner89

*MJ*
I think you still stand a Chance. There is no harm in re-applying? If you get rejected then unlucky, if you get in then it will be really good.

Joey-cole
Apply and good luck

I just got an email through today and I have been shortlisted for an interview next sat. If i am sucessful i would start on the monday. i'm actually bouncing off the walls!
bass_belle
I just got an email through today and I have been shortlisted for an interview next sat. If i am sucessful i would start on the monday. i'm actually bouncing off the walls!

eeek thats so exciting, if you want any interview tips, PM me..i made them convince me i was intelligent in my interview lol
Reply 9
anna_spanner89
eeek thats so exciting, if you want any interview tips, PM me..i made them convince me i was intelligent in my interview lol

roughly how many palces are there on a diploma course do you know?? and i'f love any interview tips. i'm going to wear smart clothes and take my suit jacket with me incase i want to smarten up that much more and i;m going to do loads of revision this week on key stage 3 english and literacy so i cant go wrong there.

also, out of interest, what sort of clothes do you where when you are actually at uni??
xx
bass_belle
roughly how many palces are there on a diploma course do you know?? and i'f love any interview tips. i'm going to wear smart clothes and take my suit jacket with me incase i want to smarten up that much more and i;m going to do loads of revision this week on key stage 3 english and literacy so i cant go wrong there.

also, out of interest, what sort of clothes do you where when you are actually at uni??
xx

there was about 150 in my year at the start, more like 100 now due to loooads of drop outs. wear a suit!!! I saw one girl at my interview in jeans. Read up on the nursing standerd, agenda for change, recent developments in health care, AND give a good reason why you decided to go for adult nursing after applying for child!!!
when AT uni we just turn up in hoodies and jeans, lol. When on placement it's uniform however
Reply 11
bass_belle

Well Done...I am very proud and happy for you...:biggrin: :woo:
Reply 12
*MJ*
Well Done...I am very proud and happy for you...:biggrin: :woo:

he he! proud :proud: :kissing2:

Latest

Trending

Trending