The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Marvi
hiya, why do u wanna b doctors instead of nurses? :smile:

Because we can..

If you have the capability to be a doctor, and want to do a career in healthcare I don't see why anyone would choose nursing over being a doctor.
Reply 2
I know I'm looking at this from a Vet side but I assume its rather similar.
I personally would never consider doing vet nursing, I have nothing against the career itself, I would just feel too restricted in what I could do. I also wouldn't like to spend the rest of my working career feeling inferior to others around me.
Reply 3
Marvi

Because I don't want to help people.
timeofyourlife
Because I don't want to help people.

You can kill more people by becoming a doctor :eek:
Reply 5
endeavour
You can kill more people by becoming a doctor :eek:

You can kill even more people by doing a law conversion course at the end of it :wink:
Reply 6
timeofyourlife
You can kill even more people by doing a law conversion course at the end of it :wink:

Lol, that's unfair. Lawyers help lots of people everyday. I mean look at all those *cough* innocent *cough* people they've helped over the years. We are great people. :smile:!
Reply 7
Marvi

Someone is looking for a good answer to a hard interview question :biggrin:
Reply 8
Daveo
Someone is looking for a good answer to a hard interview question :biggrin:

Nothing wrong with that. :biggrin: I'll be watching the replies posted on this thread with great interest myself! :wink:
Reply 9
it would take out the illicit thrill of wearing the uniform if i did everyday. *earnest smile*
Reply 10
More interested in the diagnostic challenge medicine presents, wanting to combine scientific principles with compassion for people, blah blah..
Reply 11
i think its cause i want to have more of a "leading role in the diagnosis and management of patient care"... cant remember exactly though
Reply 12
Elles
it would take out the illicit thrill of wearing the uniform if i did everyday. *earnest smile*

Don't you think white coats are sexier though? Especially combined with flattering scrubs :p:
Reply 13
timeofyourlife
More interested in the diagnostic challenge medicine presents, wanting to combine scientific principles with compassion for people, blah blah..

Do you think that some of the more demanding roles nurses are taking on, will see the distinction between the two becoming more blurred?
Reply 14
timeofyourlife

:rolleyes: how mature of you.. :p:
Reply 15
Helenia
Don't you think white coats are sexier though? Especially combined with flattering scrubs :p:

No :biggrin:
Reply 16
Helenia

hmm-in a word, no..white coats don't do it for me. a sharp suit with "Consultant/Head of Department Mr X" might get closer though.. :wink:
Reply 17
Nikki J S
Do you think that some of the more demanding roles nurses are taking on, will see the distinction between the two becoming more blurred?

Yes, definitely. A lot of the jobs carried out by junior doctors are now being done by senior nurses. This doesn't change the fact that we learn much more detail about the physiological basis of disease and pharmacology though, which is still quite a big difference between the two courses. Our main aim is to diagnose and treat; a nurse's main role is to provide the best possible care for the patient on a more personal level.

The role of the nurse is adapting, but so is the role of the doctor. It's worth any prospective medics to research this before their interview and not come out with such gems such as "doctors are paid more". :smile:
Reply 18
Helenia

*sticks up hand*

White coats are sexier than a nurse's uniform any day.
Reply 19
I actually answer the thread and everyone buggers off. Medics only want their innuendo :rolleyes:

Latest