The Student Room Group
Reply 1
look it up:p:
Reply 2
Its microfibril and not macrofibril, this is basic AS biology:

Cellulose is a polymer of B-glucose with (1-4)links forms long straight chains that lie parallel to one another.
The chains lying next to each other form a bundle of molecules called a microfibril, held together by hydrogen bonds between adjacent chains.

Microfibrils have great tensile strength are insoluble, and difficult to break due to (1-4) B-linkages.
Type 'microfibril cellulose' into Google for a multitude of information.
Reply 4
theworm
Its microfibril and not macrofibril, this is basic AS biology:

Cellulose is a polymer of B-glucose with (1-4)links forms long straight chains that lie parallel to one another.
The chains lying next to each other form a bundle of molecules called a microfibril, held together by hydrogen bonds between adjacent chains.

Microfibrils have great tensile strength are insoluble, and difficult to break due to (1-4) B-linkages.

no i got a question in my biology homework....wot is the difference between microfibrils and macrofibrils in cellulose :s-smilie:
Reply 5
I've already told you what a microfibril is! so pick up a text book and read about macrofibrils.

N4R1K0
no i got a question in my biology homework....wot is the difference between microfibrils and macrofibrils in cellulose :s-smilie:
Many microfibrils make up a macrofibril :smile:

Latest